Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Alternatives to Firepay/Neteller?

[ QUOTE ]
check in the mail

[/ QUOTE ]

...this is what I do. I've always wondered why payment by check isn't more commonplace. The fees Neteller charges seem way out of line and from what I read here the service level of the Netellers, Firepays, etc. is somewhat irregular.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sure...there is moneybookers, mycitadel - those 2 ewallets have great reputations.
i know with mycitadel, you can use your credit card to fund your account. they will send you this device called secureswipe in which you swipe your card with.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't quite get the point of a "secureswipe" ... what's the difference between that and typing in your card info? other than to defeat extreme laziness, i don't see why you'd need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess the data is encrypted as soon as it swipes, so this would somewhat protect you from trojans and keyloggers getting your CC info.

[/ QUOTE ]
If your computer has trojans and keyloggers on it you're probably going to get a lot of your money stolen whether you type your credit card number in or not.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sure...there is moneybookers, mycitadel - those 2 ewallets have great reputations.
i know with mycitadel, you can use your credit card to fund your account. they will send you this device called secureswipe in which you swipe your card with.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't quite get the point of a "secureswipe" ... what's the difference between that and typing in your card info? other than to defeat extreme laziness, i don't see why you'd need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess the data is encrypted as soon as it swipes, so this would somewhat protect you from trojans and keyloggers getting your CC info.

[/ QUOTE ]
If your computer has trojans and keyloggers on it you're probably going to get a lot of your money stolen whether you type your credit card number in or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what their support guy said, credit card companies use a certain code for gambling and thus reject most transactions due to fraud associated with gambling. sites that do pass the credit card transaction are from shady or fly by night payment companies (will be more evident than ever thanks to the US govt) and will use fake codes to pass the transaction thru but will come back as a "chargeback" or fraud which could potentially hurt your credit rating. with secureswipe, since you have to physically swipe the card, the credit card companies are willing to accept it as cash advance purchase and less chance of fraud due to the actual motion of swiping the device. i'm hoping i'm making sense here. its what i got from their support center. i've used secureswipe and it works so no complaints here