Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Need Some BB Help

As came up in a different thread, it seems like I may need to loosen up my BB calling standards in bigger pots. My VPIP as BB is 15.95 which seems reasonable compared to CallMeIshmael's numbers. I play 1/2, 2/4, and 3/6. My question is what should you be looking for in order to call with a hand like 42s? 7:1 pot odds? Better? Worse?

What about a hand like T2s? Or Q5s? Are these playable hands when there are 4 or 5 players including the raiser?

Also, does it depend at all on the players that are also in the pot? i.e. should I be calling more often with suited hands in the BB against weak passive players.

These questions are all dealing with suited cards, I think that narrows it down a little more. I'm familiar with the problems of playing a hand like KJo for a raise in the BB in a multi-way pot. Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I want to patch up this potential leak in my game.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Need Some BB Help

I usually play any 2 suited in the BB getting at least 7-1 if I have good relative position on the PF raiser.