Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Stop this ride! I want to get off! ($3/$6)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only other option you have is to fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is sarcasm from deception [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no, I don't think a preflop fold is bad here. We're getting just better than 5:1 here preflop ($1 SB I assume) with an easily dominated hand against the entire field (they aren't all maniacs). I don't think calling is bad, but I certainly think it's far from an insta-call.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:47 PM

I thought you were being sarcastic too...

We're getting closer to 6.5:1 here because BB will often come along as well and very rarely 3ball us, but even when he does we find that if there is no cap we are getting even better odds. This hand doesn't suffer at all from RIO on a flush board except the rare times we're up against a fullhouse so I think that alone makes this a super super super easy call.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:55 PM

you disappoint me, sir [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

supah easy calllllll
Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM

stickdude,

The only street up for debate is the river, in my mind. I'd be so tempted to 3bet, but I think when you get capped you're almost always losing. So two bets going in is ok, but if I could somehow ensure only three without risking four, I'd prefer that over two.

The flop isn't chaos, mayhem, or whatever, its great for your hand. If it had been 3bet, called, and then back to you to close the action, you should have gone ahead and capped yourself.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're getting closer to 6.5:1 here because BB will often come along as well and very rarely 3ball us, but even when he does we find that if there is no cap we are getting even better odds. This hand doesn't suffer at all from RIO on a flush board except the rare times we're up against a fullhouse so I think that alone makes this a super super super easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we suffer from RIO on a flush board, but we definitely do on an Axx board or an A2x board as we'll run into counterfeiting / better 2 pair issues. I was also including the BB coming along - we invest $5 with $1 already invested and each of our opponents put in $6. So 5:31 is about 6:1 (although this is more than I originally stated, I was just thinking around 6:30).

So the fact is we're hoping to hit a flush draw or better which is about 1/10th of the time. So we need to make up around $19 after the flop on average (whether we win or lose) before we are in a position to make anything. We'll likely have an equity edge on the flop on average when we do hit a flush draw and probably an equity deficit on the turn when we don't hit until the river. So I think it's fine if we're going to get a lot of action after the flop (definitely looks promising) but I still don't believe it's a standard no brainer play.

On the plus side, we are in great check/raising position.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
($1 SB I assume)

[/ QUOTE ]

$1.50 Small Blind at Full Tilt. Exactly 1/2 of the big blind.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only other option you have is to fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is sarcasm from deception [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no, I don't think a preflop fold is bad here. We're getting just better than 5:1 here preflop ($1 SB I assume) with an easily dominated hand against the entire field (they aren't all maniacs). I don't think calling is bad, but I certainly think it's far from an insta-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too worried about being dominated, as I'm really only playing for the flush. Hitting TPNK against 5 people (who all called an UTG raise) is a pretty easy fold for me, especially being OOP.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
($1 SB I assume)

[/ QUOTE ]

$1.50 Small Blind at Full Tilt. Exactly 1/2 of the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh well, that's a lot better actually, more like 7:1 now and like $9 to make up postflop which should be much easier (you'll probably make it up on the flop alone generally).