Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Olbermann - \"Republicans are acting like terrorists\"

this is something everyone should watch -

he reminds me of Edward Murrow standing up to McCarthyism -

I read a great comment today - the summary of it was - "Osama Bin Laden is the face of Republicanism" - They can't put up GWB in their campaign ads, so their number one face in their attack ads is Osama. They need Osama AS THE MOUTHPIECE of Republican ads because they no longer have enough credibility to appear or put the CIC in their own ads.

Keith's basic summation - Terrorism doesn't need to result in any deaths to still be terrorism. - and after Al Q, the Republicans are the second greatest instigators of terrorism in the United States."

watch, then discuss.
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/43395/

rb
Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Olbermann - \"Republicans are acting like terrorists\"

Thanks for posting another inflammatory rhetoric link thread with no/little discussion of your own to back its assertions.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for posting another inflammatory rhetoric link thread with no/little discussion of your own to back its assertions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just being silly.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:27 PM

Wow whiskey you must really hate republicans!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? Let's look at highlights from whiskey's short paragraph of inflammatory gibberish:

"Republicans are acting like terrorists"

"McCarthyism"

"Osama Bin Laden is the face of Republicanism"

"the Republicans are the second greatest instigators of terrorism in the United States"

All of the above is just an exercise in trollishness, by making an inflammatory statement(s) without any analysis or reasoning to back it up. There is nothing wrong with giving excerpts of stories and links to same. But when such stories are nothing other than propaganda, and the poster doesn't even bother to defend its conclusions, then such posts have no business in this forum. An occasional such post as sarcasm or a joke would be fine, but a perpetual train of such posts isn't.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM

Making American voters afraid of terrorism is the topic that hurts Republicans the least, dovetails with the White house's power grab, and allows some cover for taking away our civil rights.

I long for the day when the moderate fiscal Republicans regain their party. Maybe more time can be spent disagreeing with them then trying to combat spin and outright lies.

MS Sunshine
Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Making American voters afraid of terrorism is the topic that hurts Republicans the least, dovetails with the White house's power grab, and allows some cover for taking away our civil rights.

I long for the day when the moderate fiscal Republicans regain their party. Maybe more time can be spent disagreeing with them then trying to combat spin and outright lies.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

If the polls are accurate (I have no reason to doubt that they aren't btw), there will be a shakeup in the Republican party after the November election IMO FWIW.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? Let's look at highlights from whiskey's short paragraph of inflammatory gibberish:

"Republicans are acting like terrorists"

"McCarthyism"

"Osama Bin Laden is the face of Republicanism"

"the Republicans are the second greatest instigators of terrorism in the United States"

All of the above is just an exercise in trollishness, by making an inflammatory statement(s) without any analysis or reasoning to back it up. There is nothing wrong with giving excerpts of stories and links to same. But when such stories are nothing other than propaganda, and the poster doesn't even bother to defend its conclusions, then such posts have no business in this forum. An occasional such post as sarcasm or a joke would be fine, but a perpetual train of such posts isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Then similarly the post that linked to Rush Limbaugh's prattle against Michael J. Fox should be objectionable to you. Again, it is nothing more than propoganda, and the poster simply linked to it without supporting its conclusions that, for example, Fox is "acting" in the ad, and that he is "allowing" his illness to be "exploited". Shall I post in that thread on your behalf, or will you?

Of course, I don't agree that there is any problem with adios linking to Rush Limbaugh's opinion, and I cannot for the life of me understand the objection to whiskey linking to whatever it is he posted. Unless of course our objections should be based upon whether we agree or disagree with the original post and/or its links, which certainly seems to be part of your motivation.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then similarly the post that linked to Rush Limbaugh's prattle against Michael J. Fox should be objectionable to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean presenting both sides of a controversy is prattle? I see.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, it is nothing more than propoganda, and the poster simply linked to it without supporting its conclusions that, for example, Fox is "acting" in the ad, and that he is "allowing" his illness to be "exploited". Shall I post in that thread on your behalf, or will you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't make the original post. I only replied to it and suggested that the OP change his title to:

Limbaugh: Valid Point or Personal Attack

People can read the link and make their own judgement. If the OP thought the subject to be worthy of discussion why not at least post a link that posts what Limbaugh stated in full?
Closed Thread