Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM

Default My girl has a stalker, plan my course of action OOT!

Quick and creepy, here is the story.

2 years ago some dude had a few classes with my girlfriend in her MBA program. She never interacted with him, but the program was small enough that you knew most people. She thought he was a shy weird guy.

Fast forward 2 years later.

A couple weeks ago she gets a call at her firm from this guy asking general questions about worker's comp - her field. Well, it was this dude who apparently found her on the internet (she is listed on the company website) and was calling to confirm it was her.

Next day she gets a fedex with a candle and some card talking nonsense about catching up and [censored]. Again, she only had class with this cat, no interaction.

We go on vacation to Hawaii.

Today, another fedex at work.

This one if off the scale [censored] crazy.

It contains 2 cards and the DVD Dumb and Dumber.

The first card is to her and lets her know he likes doing things for her, that he is still interested in her, and that he wants her to meet him at some specific location.

Note he is apparently in SF, we live in San Diego.

The second card is the clear winner [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
He claims he found it on his desk and wants to know if it his from her. Its written like a secret admirer, but its clearly in his handwritting.

No explanation on the choice of DVD.

So, my girl is clearly freaked and wants me to take care of it. We live together for what its worth.

Anyway, it feels kind of early to call the police and not sure what they would do about it anyway. I do have the guys name, but like I said he is sending these packages from San Fran. The general tone of all the cards is someone who is missing a few marbles.

So, what say you OOT?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: My girl has a stalker, plan my course of action OOT!

Road trip, bust his face up.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 PM

How about contacting the guy and letting him know that neither of you are interested.

I think this makes more sense than calling the police right away. Sending 2 packages isn't really considered stalking, yet, and the police won't do anything about it.

Edit: Oh yea.. if the phone call doesn't work, do the road trip thing and bust his face up.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:27 PM

Interrogate him calmly, then post a report, 'cause I just wanna know WTF he's thinking. (Dumb & Dumber? WTF, LOL.) Then, steer him towards a mental health professional. Assuage your ladyfriend's anxiety with some extended-session lovin'. Profit.

How you do, nga?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:27 PM

I would call this clown and say quit sending stuff to my girl. If that doesnt work then call the police.

Edit: I was also just thinking. Maybe she could send him some kind of form that has to do with mental health crap on it. That would be funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 03:28 PM

this is clearly humorous, i would wait and see if he sends you any GOOD dvds before telling him to bugger off.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:28 PM

She should write him a letter asking him to stop contacting her. She should keep a photocopy of it, and send the original certified mail w/ return receipt. She should keep the receipt when it is returned to her. This will hopefully get him to stop contacting her -- and if it doesn't, she will start to compile some evidence about this "problem" should the police ever need to be contacted. At this point, she can't contact the police because he has broken absolutely zero laws, and he has not threatened anything. As unappealing as this may sound, she should also keep the FedEx packaging and everything he's sent her.

If she "wants you to take care of it," you should write the letter for her, but she has to sign it and has to be the official sender. The request for no further contact should come from her and her alone.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM

I think NT is onto something. Get your girl to let this guy know that what would really get her hot was a car/plasma TV/large sum of cash. After he sends it, have him arrested.

This guy make think she may be flattered.

Just contact him, tell him to stop it's making her uncomfortable. If he continues, call the cops.

[ QUOTE ]
this is clearly humorous, i would wait and see if he sends you any GOOD dvds before telling him to bugger off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first response. I told her to send him her credit card bill, but she wasn't amused.