Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: CCU...gone?

Agreed. The time has come and gone.
What happened to everyone else who was awaiting payment?
Those making threats?
Have they been paid and now are no longer bothering with this?
Who has his personal info?
Please post it here for the benefit of us who havent been paid.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:34 PM

I am still awaiting payment. I am interested in personal details from anyone who has them, becasue this is now at the point where I think there is a decent chance I will never be paid. FON if you think I am rushing to judgment please pm me and I will send you Paypal details so you can send me my payment through Paypal.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 PM

Here's the latest:

Mikaela: I am just looking into this for you.
Mikaela: Thank you for your patience.
Mikaela: You will need to send in another bank statement because the one we received was electronic and will no be accepted. The form will need to be filled out by hand.

Once again, I'm on hold waiting for a supervisor...this is getting pretty ridiculous.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:03 PM

I am given up my $250 and move on. I believe FON feel whoever 2plus2 member is a legitimate threat will get a PM and pay as promise by CON.I just hope he someday con someone who is crazy enough to do him terrible harm.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:27 PM

Once again, I'm on hold waiting for a payment...this is getting pretty ridiculous.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:20 PM

so why don't you cancel the transfer and do what metetron said? $25 too much to put out of your own pocket?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:46 PM

I'm surprised how asinine some of the posts here are.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, I'm owed a good chunk of money, probably more than most others here, yet for some reason I'm able to keep looking at this rationally without going on tilt.

Where things stand:
FON made a mistake, and he did try and skip out with money. It's obvious that since then, he has realised it was a mistake, due to the possibility of severe consequences to him. He knows that if he does something grossly unfair, a lot of people will be out for blood.

What could happen next:
But lets look at the situation now. If someone posts his personal information, people here will do one of two retarded things. They will either be trying to get the money form him personally, by calling, mailing, etc. and just generally intimidating behaviour. If that's the case, he will be scared and will go into hiding. I would, and anyone else would as well: It's a [censored] scary situation to have people calling your house, your parents house, etc.
Him going into hiding means less communication, if any at all, and it does nothing to increase our chances of getting paid: it does the exact opposite.

What legal options are available?
The other thing people might do is to go after it legally. If that happens, most people are also screwed. First off, everyone outside of his jurisdiction are going to be generally unable to collect from him. Even if we could, the people who don't want their names to be on a public record involved with gambling are also screwed.
Aside from that, there are also legal fees, including filing fees(even if you do everything yourself) which are expensive. FON will need to defend himself, and that money will come out of what he has available. Even if people prove a case and are able to get everyoine to collect, he won't be able to fufill it, meaning we get screwed(plus it will take at least a year if not 2 for it to go through).

And if you even think of a class action suit to avoid individual legal hassels, then you have no idea about the legal system. Class Action suits are NEVER started by plaintiffs. Instead, they are started by lawyers who look for plaintiffs. They always settle, and what happens is that the lawyers make tons of money, while the plaintiffs get very little compared to what they are owed.

All in all, posting his personal info does no good, and LOTS of harm right now.

What does this mean for FreeOffersNow?
However, FON, this does not mean you go without consequences. Obviously, if things keep on getting delayed and a lot of people feel that harming you is more important than receiving money, then people will speak to government authorities(be it police or tax or other) and it will end up that you are the one who loses most.

So to conclude...
However, until the time where we are sure that we have no chance, I'd like to ask the other 2+2ers to NOT [censored] it up for the rest of us. When you start trying to punish him, it necessarily means that we will be getting less or no money. I don't want that, so honestly, let's continue knowing that we CAN punish him if we need to, but not do that right now, it's not fair to all of the people who are really counting on getting their money from FON.

And FON: If you want to keep public opinion from getting so bad that we no longer care about our money, and only care about punishment, then stay around. Make sure to keep us updated about what can happen, and answer people's concerns like you have been recently.

There's no reason for any of us to get too adversarial right now. If this goes through(even if it goes through late), we ALL end up ahead. If legal or other action occurs, the government takes a giant rake through fees, and we all end up behind.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 PM

very good post sir.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What legal options are available?
The other thing people might do is to go after it legally. If that happens, most people are also screwed. First off, everyone outside of his jurisdiction are going to be generally unable to collect from him. Even if we could, the people who don't want their names to be on a public record involved with gambling are also screwed.
Aside from that, there are also legal fees, including filing fees(even if you do everything yourself) which are expensive. FON will need to defend himself, and that money will come out of what he has available. Even if people prove a case and are able to get everyoine to collect, he won't be able to fufill it, meaning we get screwed(plus it will take at least a year if not 2 for it to go through).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the bulk of your post but disagree with some of this.

Filing fees for small claims cases are not expensive. They are generally less than $50. Usually between $25-$35. The serving of the summons by a local sheriff (who will probably get to know FON *quite* well if it gets this far) is often another $5-$15. That's it. For those able to tie up ~$1600 on the Mansion/SIA hedge, this is not expensive.

I do agree that post-judgment collection will be difficult, but it will certainly be possible, if only via a lien or wage garnishment.

All that being said, I hope it doesn't come to this. If it does, I'll make all the information I have available for anyone else who wishes to pursue this course of action. For now, I'm content to give FON a little more time, as he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:11 PM

I have not been paid, and am following this thread daily.
I'll give it a couple more days before concluding that FON isn't going to pay.

I would like to hear from any other affiliates about the likelihood that Neteller is actually delaying payment.

I would also accept payment by PayPal, or some other way.

I'm thinking my chances of collecting are app. 20%.