Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: My new car sucks.

You don't need an STI or even a WRX to be as fast as a GTI. You would be able to find an automatic Subie that's still fun to drive and would be much better than a GTI in the snow.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:33 PM

MINI Cooper S for <25k FTW

it will outhandle any car under 40k (elise) and any other car under 80k (boxster s)
Old 09-27-2006, 03:42 PM

[quote}

Yeah, but I'm a pussy and can't drive a stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get an auto, no problem. And they rock....
VW's suck, always have... had one.. once.. never again...
Old 09-27-2006, 04:25 PM

It looks to me like you have a combination of a crappy car and crappy service people. Are there any other VW dealers near you? It really appears that the service department you are using have no idea what they are doing. You should be able to go to any VW dealr for warranty work. With decent mechanics, the problems that do crop up have a much better chance of getting fixed properly.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the legacy GT certainly doesn't have these features. For what it's worth, the hoodscoop is located directly above a top mount inter-cooler, to keep the turbo cool. I'm actually looking for some ricer homie to trade trunks with so I can get a spoilerless trunk.

I honestly think an AWD legacy would be a great car to have in the winter, or a WRX, the wagons are pretty slick looking too, but it's all about preference. They are just in your price range and great winter drivers. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Minnesota in a city with very steep hills. I drive a Subaru Outback and it absolutly kills in the snow. If you want a sporty car that is unbelivable in the snow then I would agree with blinden and get a Subaru. You don't need to get an STi, take a look at the Legacy or the regular WRX.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:23 AM

kathy leibert drives a subaru.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:48 AM

Default VW GTI

Too bad man. I test drove one of these and really like it, but wouldn't buy it because of VWs quality issues over the year. Shame, cause they make nice cars.

If you go the BMW route- even if you get a certified car, get maintenance records of the vehicles, and it might be wortwhile getting an indy BMW shop to look at it. German cars hate skipped maintenance.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: VW GTI

VW has been putting on some unreliable and [censored] cars for a while now. Top Gear did a consumer poll (100K+) people and VW ranked near the bottom of 50 some manufacturers...

You can't go wrong with a Toyota (Lexus), Honda (Acura), Nissan (Infinity), or a nicely engineerd German car, BMW.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VW's are well known to be near the bottom of the reliability list. Look at a Subaru. Reliable and good in snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm a pussy and can't drive a stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Subaru offers autos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the STi, 6 speed only, and the WRX are only about 20% autos, and they are really hard to come by. But the Legacy GT's on the other hand should be fairly available, and are pretty damn fast, AWD roomy awesome cars as well. I'm a bit of a fanboy obviously, but man these cars are fun to drive... almost winter!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a auto WRX, it wasn't too hard to find either and is just an amazing car for the money. The Legacy GT is much much nicer from a comfort stand point though and I'm looking at either that or a Tribeca when the kids come along.