Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Counter Offensive, How we deter our politicians and keep our game

[ QUOTE ]
I kept it simple, but here is my action taken tonight:

To: info@claireonline.com
CC: bill_frist@frist.senate.gov, comments@whitehouse.gov, Chairman@gop.com, email@pokerplayersalliance.org, info@talentforsenate.com, support@johnkerry.com

Dear Ms. McCaskill,

Tonight I made a $25 contriubtion to your campaign since polls indicate you are in a very tight Senate battle which may prove critical to the make-up of our Senate. Specifically this is in protest of the recent Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement bill added on to the Port Security Act.

Poker is a game of skill enjoyed by millions of Americans and not every American has access to play in "government approved" venues due to location and/or personal circumstances. During an 8 month battle with cancer I was unable to be around crowds, but online poker allowed me to play the game I loved while keeping my mind occupied during a very scary time in my life.

Going forward, I would like to see online poker specifically legalized and regulated within the United States like other countries have begun to do.

Thank you,

Joseph D. XXXXX

Phone: (###) ###-####

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, sir!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 AM

Noise needs to be made in Missouri. It's a perfect idea! Contributions are a nice start but press coverage would be better.

Are there any Poker Leagues or a Missouri Database of players that can be utilized to hang out at Malls and make noise organizing.

In the end perception is reality. Even if it's late in the game and it's near impossible to unite enough people to make an actual difference.

A group of loud residents of the show me state as swing voters could have a huge perceptual impact on the political landscape.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not completely disagreeing, but we need to pick one race to concentrate whatever power we have.

[/ QUOTE ]

That race should be John Kyl vs Jim Pederson. John Kyl is the fourth ranking Republican in the Senate and has been nothing short of the single biggest driver of anti online gambling legislation for the last ten years. Because he is a work horse and not a show horse, he doesn't come up much in conversation. He is currently leading, but is vulnerable and needs to be knocked off. Even if the dems take control, he will continue to work the cloakroom with stronger legislative efforts.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:35 AM

Great ideas...just sent in contributon to Claire McCaskill’s web site . I got an email thanking me for my donation. I replied to thier email with a short note explaining my positon.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:51 AM

Should we send Missouri newspapers a quick explanation and link to this thread?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:02 PM

KCpoker.org - any good?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That race should be John Kyl vs Jim Pederson. John Kyl is the fourth ranking Republican in the Senate and has been nothing short of the single biggest driver of anti online gambling legislation for the last ten years. Because he is a work horse and not a show horse, he doesn't come up much in conversation. He is currently leading, but is vulnerable and needs to be knocked off. Even if the dems take control, he will continue to work the cloakroom with stronger legislative efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very much agree. I have always voted Republican, but this time I am voting against Jon Kyl.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:49 PM

I just shipped my $$$. I cross posted this in STTF as that is my home. Please cross post this in your respective home forums to get the word out.

Indy
Old 10-24-2006, 02:08 PM

how do we add an email to our donations? did you just email them from the email adress you gave them after you donated?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Jon Kyl was elected to the U.S. Senate from Arizona in 1994 and re-elected in 2000, after having served four terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. He serves on the Senate’s Finance Committee, where he chairs the Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight, and on the Judiciary Committee, where he chairs the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security. As chairman of the Senate Republican Policy Committee, he is one of six members of the Senate Republican Leadership.

This guy is toxic to online gaming. In 1997 he introduced S.474
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...p;summ2=m&
Ten years ago! And of course he didn't give up between then; actually seeing some of his legislation pass the Senate only to die in the House. This guy is public enemy #1 for online poker. Send money to Pederson.