Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Bottom two pair vs flop push

Had been playing with this guy for about 40 minutes, he had just got stacked and reloaded, and was generally playing pretty poorly. Almost never folded preflop if he could limp in. Am I beat here most of the time?

Poker Stars.
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.26
UTG+1: $1.76
MP1: $4.91
MP2: $2.46
CO: $4.88
Button: $5.64
Hero: $2.69
BB: $7.36

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.1, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.12</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises all-in $2.44,</font> Hero?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Bottom two pair vs flop push

If your read is right, he usually has something like top pair here and you should call. My guess is that you made the call and he turned over JJ (hence it appeared in this forum), but I think if the guy is loose and bad, you have to call.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:58 PM

I hate to use the "at these stakes" advice, but at these stakes, I beat a lone opponent in with 2 pair given your read. These moneybag opponents are commonplace at the nanos, and I continually am shocked by the play I see.

If he was better or "good" (relative to $2 NL) or it was multiway and I wasn't closing the action, I probably let this go.

Against an unknown, or if it was multiway and I WAS closing the action (assuming all others fold), I flip a coin. I could see either play.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:10 PM

This is a str8/flush draw very often. A set is not more than 50% of his range IMO, so I'd call.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your read is right, he usually has something like top pair here and you should call. My guess is that you made the call and he turned over JJ (hence it appeared in this forum), but I think if the guy is loose and bad, you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right I did call but he had KJ, along the lines of what I expected, turn &amp; river came AA thus counterfitting my two pair. What can you do eh? Just wonder if this should be a consideration. The odds of it happening are pretty slim though I guess.

Thanks,
Old 10-23-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right I did call but he had KJ, along the lines of what I expected, turn &amp; river came AA thus counterfitting my two pair. What can you do eh? Just wonder if this should be a consideration. The odds of it happening are pretty slim though I guess.

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna reply that you should call but bottom two are much more vulnerable due to counterfeiting/higher 2 pair possibilities.