Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: WorldPx / WSEX / WPEX Datamining and HUD

To me, personally, it doesn't matter what WPEX does. Adding support for their site will gain me no new customers and will only add to my support and development load.

The only reason I continue to urge people to boycott WPEX and complain to them is that I get a number of emails every single day asking me why WPEX isn't supported. Obviously the demand is there and this minor change to their software would give them a boost in players that they claim they want. I will continue to reply to these emails and posts the way I have been.

In the discussions that immediately followed the update of their software, I was emotionally involved. This was due to the fact that people were calling my software cheating. I am an honest person and despise cheaters. To insult me by calling my software and my users cheaters was too much for me to sit at the sidelines and just watch. I had to defend myself and my software and my users.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:33 PM

Back in the early days of online poker, intelligent players kept handwritten notes on other players. Some of the more tech bright players were able to create their own excel type programs to import notes and hand histories to better track their and opponents play. Most B & M players are able to do this just by observing an opponent and remembering his/her face. (Some B & M players still take notes.)

Pat (PT Pat) was the first to successfully develop and distribute a commercially downloadable program to track the player and opponent play online. This meant that players could forego the tedious task of note taking, allow the computer to do that mundane task, and better focus and enjoy playing poker.

With the PT data base on the players computer, a player can refer to it in classifying player styles and making decisions during play. Just like a player used to do by referring to his hand written notes. Various methods have been tried and used in organizing and accessing computer compiled notes and statistics for the player's reference during real time online play.

PAHUD is the state of the art in accessing stored information for real time decision making. PAHUD allows a player to make quicker decisions by bringing the notes/statistics to the table display. No more need to flip though written notes or click through different open desktop programs. No more need to open hand histories to see mucked showdowns.

Players using PAHUD may have become "spoiled" in that so many physical steps that used to be required to record, assemble and access opponent information are now shortcut. Players using PAHUD may have become "lazy" in their lack of desire to spend the time and effort required to obtain and assemble the information and statistics without PAHUD or PT. But this can still be done.

In today's high speed computer information age, it seems a shame to be relegated to paper note taking or "flipping or clicking" through any extra steps than required using PAHUD display. Anyone suggesting that use of PAHUD is "cheating" must also take an Amish view in the use of gasoline powered vehicles over horse drawn carriages. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
Old 10-20-2006, 12:19 PM

Hi all,

What is the latest status on a WPEX HUD? Personally, I don't mind not having HUD at WPEX and see nothing wrong with WPEX's policy of not allowing HUDs - hey it probably makes me pay more attention to the play instead relying too much on HUD stats.

HOWEVER, it is somewhat irritating that there are attempts to still use HUDs on WPEX. I don't need it, but if it becomes rampant on WPEX then I feel I'll be at an unfair disadvantage.

PM me if you don't want to reply to this thread directly.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 05:04 AM

I'm with PokerAce here. I was offended by their decision (and I believe it was irrational, or at least a case of bad judgement), and I favor a boycott of WPEX. But everyone is free to say and do what they want.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 AM

Wow I'm surprised at your post to boycott wpex. I'm sorry but 100% rakeback will ALWAYS outweigh being able to use pahud. I've used your product and I love it but I'm still a significant winner w/out it. I crush the games at wpex and getting the rakeback makes it so much more sweeter. I suppose if I wanted to I could use namegrabber and gametime there....i know that they both work there.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:53 AM

You don't have to agree with me. Some people place the freedom to use software they like to use and personal values higher than a few extra bucks. Like I said, I find their decision illogical and offensive. Therefore I encourage other people who feel the same to boycott the site that doesn't want them to play there. By compromising and playing, you're saying it's okay that they discriminate like that.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:21 PM

Perhaps they just don't want to allow HUDs for fear it would show just how many rocks & nits their are playing their! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2006, 06:18 PM

It's hard to tell what line of logic they took when making this decision. Maybe they conferred with the magic 8 ball? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2006, 04:34 PM

Possibly they feel the introduction of software like the HUD forces everyone into the decision of "Buy the software or play at a disadvantage", and they've elected to keep the playing field even for everyone at no cost?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:12 PM

The fact is most players either (a) don't know about the software or (b) don't care about the software. It's available for everyone to use and has been deemed a fair advantage by the majority of poker sites. You don't think Party, PokerStars, Prima, Crypto, UltimateBet, Full Tilt, Absolute, OnGame, and Tribeca are aware of HUDs and have found them suitable for their players to use?

If they want to keep a fair playing field, they should quiz each player before sitting them down to determine their level of poker knowledge. I mean, heaven forbid someone who has read a book on poker would sit with someone who has only watched poker on tv. They would be at a disadvantage!!!!!1! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]