Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Books like \"The Game\" and \"Bringing Down the House\"

buffett: the making of an american capitalist
Old 04-23-2006, 11:16 PM

Yobz,

I posted a separate thread about this book, but Ruth Reichl, Garlic and Sapphires is a very good book about being a restaurant critic. Highly recommend it.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 AM

kinda 3 yrs ago but ... "Reefer Madness" was a great book.

I never read anything other than magzines for leisure, but I picked up "Bringing Down the House" and finished in 3 days (fast for me). I then followed it up with "Reefer Madness". Those were followed by a bunch of Poker Books + Harry Potters and Dean Koontz books and I have now made my way back to non-fiction with Freakanomics/Maclom Gladwells/couple of finance books. Def a Non-Fiction kinda guy.

I'll have to remember the name, but one page turner was the almost diary like book written by some poker player who grinded, ran hot in Europe then vegas, then busto again all with in 200pgs. It was talked about on this forum a year ago.

Picking back up the Tipping Point (halfway through) after a 1 month hiatus with "Turning the Tables" (great if you are a foodie) and some technical reading for my job. Also, "the truth about money" is a good read if you are interested in knowing the gyst of random finacial things that most ppl screw up (buying first house, buy are lease a cars (when it is a good idea to lease, saving for retirement, inflation, DollaCosAvg'ing etc).

Looking to finish tipping point and then probably hit up The Game, but may (just may) switch to a fiction-novel by Philip K. Dick (author of A Scanner Darkly) because I like his drug induced paranoid conspiracy m.o.