Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Article about Betholdem -- eh, some good, some bad

[ QUOTE ]
You could make a lot of money doing that because you would have a monopoly on U.S. access to Ongame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stellar, but what is that really worth... the only people taking advantage of it would be US Sharks.

Is the Ongame non-US player pool so attractive to enough US Sharks to make a skin want to run the risk of not only being shut down by the network, but also sued?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Article about Betholdem -- eh, some good, some bad

I'm not sure why all the Prima/Microgaming bashing over the Betholdem issues.

I actually like the fact that Microgaming has stayed out of the decision of accepting or rejecting U.S. customers unlike Crypto, Ongame, B2B, etc. Microgaming is really just a software/backoffice provider. I think they are doing the right thing by allowing their skins to make their own decisions. The fact that BetCorp made bad decisions does not in my mind reflect on the network. I've got a fair amount of money stuck with Bet Holdem.

But it didn't stop me from moving over to a different Prima skin because that network offers me what I want - the ability to play during the day against Eurofish, high rakeback, and daily rakeback cashout.

So I'm quite happy for Microgaming to not make a statement. Keep the status quo for as long as possible. Let the skins decide.