Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars 100% Bonus up to $1000!!!

I dont think stars should have rakeback, however I do believe stars should incorporate more bonuses for the regular players, starting at Goldstar.

These bonuses should have 10x play through and should be around 200-1000 depending on your VIP level.

This would be the only way Stars can make it worth while to play there. Since sites like Absolute poker offer 28% rakeback plus almost 3k a month a reload bonuses plus a VIP points program.

Poker stars should not and can not allow a site like Absolute Poker give better benefits to their players. Right now I only play on stars because I have 2 empty slots open on my screen after opening up the max of 6 tables of Absolute, if it werent for the 2 empty slots I wouldnt play stars at all.

However if they gave me a slightly better reason to play there it would clearly be my choice since the game selection is much better there.

They also need an upgrade to theire software, it is way to slow the flop takes forever to open.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Born2DogBaby,

I agree completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll add my name to the list of pissed Supernova's. I, though probably in the minority opinion, have been a strong supporter of the Stars VIP program being a strong enough incentive to play there. However, if they start throwing major incentive's like this at new players (excluding loyal players) on a whimsical basis ala party style it completely tarnishes my opinion of the VIP program. This is complete crap!!

Seems like the proper motivation to play off some FT and UB bonus dollars.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:20 AM

I just want to go on record as also agreeing with the common sentiment that these selective bonuses are sort of on the shady side of the poker business.

I used to get the feeling that Stars was the most above board, straightforwand and honest place to play poker online.

This Party-like move and subsequent reasoning: "hey your too good" or "its for people who havent played in 3 months" makes me feel like I need to shower after playing there....
Old 10-22-2006, 08:44 AM

FTP here I come.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:31 AM

They should of had a general "Party is Dead" bonus of $100-$150 open to all.

That would have helped a lot.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People keep saying that Stars should attract the fish and that the fish like bonuses, but when Stars offers a bonus to attract fish they get upset because they were left out.

The loyalty part is supposed to be covered by the VIP program. Nobody is being forced to play at Stars, if anyone doesn't feel satisfied with the VIP benefits they can take their business elsewhere.

At party you had to get VIP status without knowing what you would get and sometimes you ended up getting screwed. Stars has always been very clear about the rewards for playing there. They never promised some great bonus if you became a Supernova and when you got there you discovered it was a crappy one.

If Stars thinks that by offering a bonus they can attract the players that left party I think they have every right to do so. It seems like some people use the "giving bonuses to attract fish" sugestion as an excuse to get bonuses for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Ok I'm not moving to FTP, but how is this attracting fish? I would guess that most Party fish don't have an account with Stars, and, as such, did not recieve the bonus offer. You just don't offer a huge reload like this and make it account specific. This is one of the reasons we all hated Party.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:20 AM

I can't believe you guys are actually whining about Stars marketing attempt to bring high stakes fish back into the pond...
Old 10-22-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you guys are actually whining about Stars marketing attempt to bring high stakes fish back into the pond...

[/ QUOTE ]

they're only whining because they didn't get a bonus offer
Old 10-22-2006, 11:55 AM

When there's a fancy little page on the site that appears as though it's for all players, and I (being a Nova member) see it and automatically assume I'm going to get offered a $1,000 bonus because of my loyalty to the site, that's why I'm a little pissed off.

Offering this bonus to "high stakes fish" is fine, but if they're offering it to limit players, that doesn't help me (a SNG player), and why can't it also be offered to, say, Novas too? Or Novas and Platinums or whatever. They know that this is what made a lot of people mad at Party (one of many things).

Ryan
Old 10-22-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

they're only whining because they didn't get a bonus offer

[/ QUOTE ]

... if youve been following this thread, then you know that those who did get the offer really don't have anything to be happy about either....