Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Nut low draw + turned nut flush draw faces aggression on paired board

Micro limit LO8. I'm fairly new to O8 and this hand thoroughly confused me.

Should I be calling here, knowing it likely to be 4 bet? Should I have played the hand any differently up to this point?

PokerStars Game #6704483607: Omaha Hi/Lo Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2006/10/20 - 16:56:21 (ET)

Dealt to PaddyByrne [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero: raises $0.05 to $0.10
MP1: calls $0.10
MP2: calls $0.10
MP3 folds
CO: raises $0.05 to $0.15
BTN: calls $0.15
SB: folds
BB: calls $0.10
Hero: raises $0.05 to $0.20
MP2: calls $0.10
CO: calls $0.05
BTN: calls $0.05
BB: calls $0.05
*** FLOP *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
BB: bets $0.05
Hero: calls $0.05
MP1: calls $0.05
MP2: raises $0.05 to $0.10
CO: calls $0.10
BTN: folds
BB: calls $0.05
Hero: calls $0.05
MP1: calls $0.05
*** TURN *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
BB: bets $0.10
Hero: calls $0.10
MP2: raises $0.10 to $0.20
CO5: folds
BB: raises $0.10 to $0.30
Hero: ?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Nut low draw + turned nut flush draw faces aggression on paired bo

Hero should know by now that this level at
Stars plays like a Low Limit live game.
Everyone calls almost every street with
almost anything. Assume someone defently
has at least a Q and check/call.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:03 PM

My question was more whether I should be folding rather than whether or not I should be raising.

Any club that doesn't pair the board on the turn and I would almost certainly be raising but with the board pairing is it even worth seeing the river?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:35 PM

don't discount your low and backup lo cards.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Ok yeah I have a lot of potential outs to half the pot (any non pairing low gives me the nut low). However if either of the villains have a boat then I'm drawing dead for high. Is it still worth calling just for the low possibilities and the chance that neither has a boat?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:46 PM

You have 20 outs for half the pot (although you probably get quartered nearly 50% of the time with this absurd amount of action), and my rough estimite of this pot is around $2.50, assuming it gets called around to see the river, and with this kind of 'montser' pot you've gotta chase 1/2. Calling $.30 into the $2.50 pot going for 1/2 puts you at roughly (.5)*$1.25=$.60 equity (rounding down since your draw will complete just under half the time). Even if some low cards (like 7, 6, 4, and 3) quarter you, you've still got above $.30 equity in the pot.

Two other things: 1) your flush draw is meaningless and dead, since MP2 probably has a boat and BB likely has a weak full or naked queen, and 2) your UTG raise of this hand would be terrible at any higher stakes game than this. That won't even work at $.25/$.50. You want to get every possible caller for this hand, since when it hits it nearly always makes the nuts, and you want to draw for a nut hand getting the best odds you possibly can. Given how terrible play in this game is, I guess it's an alright move to raise here though.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the advice, I was fairly sure I couldn't lay it down on the turn so I called, it got capped and I called that.

The river came K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and BB bet out. I called since MP2 didn't have enough in his stack to raise. Is this a bad call in this situation and should I ever call if planning to fold to a raise and reraise assuming MP2 has enough to raise?
Old 10-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Fold on the river, your beat. U dont even have the nut flush, and somebody will almost always have a full boat in this case because of all the action with the paired board. If the river was a low card, club or not, just call.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:50 PM

I don't see how you can fold here for one bet on the river. You do have the nut flush, yeah, you might be beat, but... At Micro-limits, you can't rule out the possibility that all the Turn action was these 2 desperately trying to get draws to a better hand to fold. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see MP2 muck an A2 and smaller flush, and BB with a set of Qs and diamond flush draw.

I'd only call if it could only be one bet, though, because pot odds for a single bet are great enough that you can play sherrif. If it's going to be raised and rr'd, then fold, you aren't getting paid enough to do that.

Regards

Gar
Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 PM

Oh sorry, thought that u had a lower flush. Guess I should pay closer attention, yeah I agree that with the <u>nut</u> flush you call the river.