Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Bill Frist\'s wife is doing a book signing at my campus tomorrow

[ QUOTE ]
There is one theme that has cropped up just often enough in this thread that I feel compelled to ask... have you SEEN Bill Frist's wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 pack and no lights, im good to go
Old 10-20-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TCU alum Karyn Frist ’76, wife of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, will be on campus tomorrow (Thursday, Oct. 19) signing her newly released book, “Love You, Daddy Boy”. This book was prompted by the weekly letters her father wrote her while she was an undergraduate at TCU. The book is a compilation of stories written by 70 famous American women about the importance of their father in their lives. All proceeds of the book go to charity. The book signing will be from 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. at the Dee J. Kelly Alumni and Visitors Center.

[/ QUOTE ]
I plan to go tomorrow and politely explain to her why (and how strongly) I disprove of her husband's addendum to the Safe Port Act. Obviously I won't have much time, so I'm trying to rehearse what I will say in those 20sec or so.

Although I plan on asking her to hear me out for a few minutes after the signing is done, I'm not counting on being granted this opportunity. Thus, I think presenting her with a single page document explaining my views is the best way to convey my views on this issue (mostly that there should be an exception for poker, which is a game of skill, and that regulation/taxation is the only real long-term solution).

That said, has anybody already typed up something like this that I could use instead of writing my own? PPA maybe? I'm not trying to get out of doing work -- in fact, I consider myself an excellent writer -- I just don't want to get anything wrong (especially from a legal standpoint) because that would totally kill my credibility.

Thoughts? Ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much was your bail for harrassing a Senator's wife?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:13 PM

Excellent letter skiier. The one other thing i would have mentioned in there is that i didn't appreciate the underhanded way he snuck it into a must-pass bill. This was something that deserved its own open discussion.

Like others, I'm not sure that the letter will do much good at this point, except if you've got Frist on your fantasy wastepaper basketball league team, but after the changing of the guard in a few months (vote nov 7!), perhaps some of these points would be relevant when campaigning for a poker carve-out or some other change that would allow multi-state games to happen.

--Dan

btw, although this bill may be the one that most directly affects me, the torture-is-ok bill that passed the same week i found far more disgusting.