Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Response from FT

Dear Tilter,

On Thursday afternoon (US Eastern Time), our game began experiencing
issues that prevented certain players from logging on to Full Tilt Poker.

We are working on correcting this problem and we expect to restore full
access to your account no later than 9 AM ET on Friday. While it may be
possible that your account access will be restored earlier, it is our
expectation that you will not be able to log on to Full Tilt Poker
before 9 AM on Friday, October 20th.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we are currently evaluating
options concerning compensating you for this inconvenience. We will take
appropriate action regarding compensation once service has been
restored. In addition, we will make sure you receive full credit towards our
Ironman promotion for any days for which you were affected.

If you have any questions or still have trouble accessing your Full
Tilt Poker account after 9 AM ET on Friday, please contact us at
support@fulltiltpoker.com.

Thank you again for your patience as we work to resolve this problem.
We look forward to seeing you at the table.

Sincerely,

Team Full Tilt
Old 10-19-2006, 10:05 PM

Default Re: FTP \"Waiting for Permission to Login\"?

I wonder if they'd compensate me for my expected earnings for 9 hours.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:51 AM

So did they refund anyone I dont think they did mine?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something similiar just happened to me and I cannot relog back in because it says I'm still connected =/

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens make sure FT is not running in your processes.

Sometimes when I close the client, it doesn't fully shut down. I end the process and restart FT and everything is fine.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:47 PM

It was a pretty ugly server problem, affected two of our public servers. Very weird things happen to players on those servers, the most important being that they get "stuck" in the system (which is why you get the message that you are already logged in).

Depending on how bad they are stuck, it can take a while to get unstuck. You should be unstuck now.

We are working on processing who was in tournaments, what their chip stacks were, and what they should get. It will basically be your chip equity at the time you got booted, so if you doubled up the first hand of a tournament and then got booted, you would probably get about twice the buy-in back.

You will get back at the least the buy-in plus juice, even if you were down to a few chips in the tournament.

And we also tend to give some cash on top for the inconvenience.

I like to think of it as paid leave, since you do get the night off...

In all seriousness, we have designed it so that when one server goes down, it does not affect the rest of the publics. The next step is to make sure those players can quickly get connected to another public without a disruption to their play. We are able to do this a lot, but some crashes are very hard.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Doug,

Thanks for responding here. My main frustration with this issue is that it took a couple of hours for support to get back to me when it was obvious that there was a problem. I'm sure the support inbox was filling up quickly but a simple "we know there's a problem and we're looking into it" would have been nice along with a message on the status page. I had a similar problem with Stars once and I got an e-mail response within 20 minutes and believe me, they were getting thousands at the same time because of a freeze. I like Tilt and I'm not going anywhere but you are being held to the Stars support standard. You posting here is an excellent way of saying that Tilt cares and is responsive.

I have had lag problems in the past and over the summer when I first started playing Tilt, I had disconnect problems. I knew it was the infrastructure and I did the support dance where I did tracert and screenshots, etc. and I got the technical support brush off of "contact your ISP" which I did. The issue was some Level 3 servers in Washington State that were dropping packets and that FT tech support knew about this. Adelphia support said everything was getting out onto the net fine. Isn't it in Tilt's interest to be proactive and work with infrastructure providers such as Level 3 when they know that there's a problem? My ISP will say it's not there responsibility. It seems like this is was a lag issue and tech support was practicing Christian Science medicine and hoping the issue would go away. BTW, at the time I was playing Stars concurrently and had NO connection problems. I brought this up to Tilt at the WSOP hospitality suite but the marketing folks (it might have been you) weren't able to give me anything but a "we sympathize". The problem went away for a while but since the PP pullout, it seems like it's back. I certainly understand if it's a capacity issue but it also seems like a technical limitation.

The spotlight is much brighter on you guys and this is a tremendous opportunity for Tilt to prove why they are a great site. Your marketing is solid and the software is pretty good but these technical issues are unsettling to say the least.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 PM

As anyone else recieved a refund yet? I have NOT..
Old 10-25-2006, 09:49 PM

This went on yesterday at the worst possible times. It went on in four 22$sitngo's and a 10$ 45 person tournament. I would get booted, and it would say my account was in use, or waiting for permission to log in.. The interesting part was that it was down to three handed in all of the sitngo's when it was the most important time to not miss ten minuts rebooting. The MTT I finished in 8th place and the top 6 were paid.
So I finished with four third place finishes, and a bubble bust. How can they guess the amount I would have made. Seeing I just got blinded down and still got third place money, that should not be acceptable. My Emails have not been returned, ever from that site but perhaps this time they will find the time.
It's the worst feeling knowing people are just passing your bb around until you get logged in.. All times I was out by the time I was able to get back in.... nice.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 AM

I had one problem I was in three 22sngs. I understand things hanppen, and it has been running fine since and always did until then. But my issue with full tilt is not that there server went down or whatever But this was almost a week ago. People that lose a bunch of buyins shouldnt have to wait this long. I feel like there just trying to wait me out but I send them an email every day almost. FULL TILT should make things right in a more timely matter. It cant possibly take this long to figure this out. They might lose my business after this whole situation. Oh well there loss here I come absolute and bodog. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10-26-2006, 03:17 PM

bump