Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

I dont think the reason for these slowdowns / lockups is due to internet latency (lag). Instead i think it is a memory issue that happens on some hardware / software combinations with Full Tilt. I often have these kind of slowdowns when i haven't defragged my harddrives lately, although not with Full Tilt. The single most important thing to have defragged is the swap space. The swap space must be in only one single fragment, and the size must be fixed (instead of letting Windows decide the size) for performance to be optimal. I suggest that people that have these slowdowns defragment their harddisk and take care of their swap space so that it's only one fragment and that the size is fixed. This may fix the slowdowns for some users.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 AM

I actually tried running FT on a freshly formatted pc with only windows installed, the exact same problems occured. In this state there wold be near enough zero fragmentation.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:28 AM

I just read on their forum that MAC users are having trouble are you guys using macs?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you can get your situation worked out, but I don't think its Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a problem affects one site and one site only, and the internet connection to that site has been discounted, then you can start to suspect maybe it is Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be a routing issue. Maybe yves and others who have similar routing to FTPs servers is getting lagged by a bad router somewhere along the way?

A lot of people act like when you use the internet to get to a site you're directly plugging into the matrix or some [censored]. Your packets go through tons of [censored] before they get to/from the server/site you want to use. Sometimes problems happen along the way.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 AM

destro,

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe yves and others who have similar routing to FTPs servers is getting lagged by a bad router somewhere along the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Among those of us who are having these problems, I'm English, Yves is American I think, Adde (from other thread) is Swedish, etc. We don't have similar routing, or ISPs. Comparing my tracert data to Adde's the only common point is [66.212.224.78] which is FTP's ISP. All of this aside, tracert/ping data shows that packet lag is not the issue for any of us.

[ QUOTE ]
Your packets go through tons of [censored] before they get to/from the server/site you want to use. Sometimes problems happen along the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the thousandth time if you look at Badgerpoo's ping -t output you will see that nothing is happening to the packets along the way. They are making their way to the FTP server with a perfectly reasonable latency of around 100 milliseconds even while the FT software lags for multiple seconds. Mine shows the same thing.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Same here but I've had the proble since before yesterday. Also 100% sure the problem isn't on my end. I've played at 5-6 sites with no problems like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had the problem since before yesterday as well.

I was really hoping for better. I like the site.

Greg
Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you can get your situation worked out, but I don't think its Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a problem affects one site and one site only, and the internet connection to that site has been discounted, then you can start to suspect maybe it is Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when it affects 5% of the players you can start to suspect that maybe it isn't. What do we have, about ten or fifteen people with lag problems?

Are you sure you have all your OS's various updates and patches and stuff installed?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 AM

Maybe this error would be easier to find for the Full Tilt developers if the ones that's experiencing the problems list their system specs. Maybe this is something that happens with say one specific chip set or one particular brand of routers?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:48 AM

I just want to chime in and say that I am having serious issues with the client too. I wasn't when I first started playing on Full Tilt but ever since the upgrade earlier in the week I have been having serious lag problems. I'm running on a new two week old computer that I wiped clean and reinstalled just the essentials when I purchased it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client. My PT database is very small containing only the approximately 10k hands that I have since I left playing on Party. I have a 6 Mbps DSL connection that I have never had problems with. I don't use a router at home.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think the reason for these slowdowns / lockups is due to internet latency (lag). Instead i think it is a memory issue that happens on some hardware / software combinations with Full Tilt. I often have these kind of slowdowns when i haven't defragged my harddrives lately, although not with Full Tilt. The single most important thing to have defragged is the swap space. The swap space must be in only one single fragment, and the size must be fixed (instead of letting Windows decide the size) for performance to be optimal. I suggest that people that have these slowdowns defragment their harddisk and take care of their swap space so that it's only one fragment and that the size is fixed. This may fix the slowdowns for some users.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats entirely too much work when they can just say "SCREW FT, IM GOING HOME" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]