Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 04:03 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: One of the better responses I\'ve seen: Coleman, MN

[ QUOTE ]
IS this strategy really effective? Why not just respond by telling the real story?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the real story?

Come up with your favorite member of congress. We can sit down, look at their voting record, assemble some facts and make them look like scoundrels. Ron Paul (R)Texas is a libertarian. If you look at his voting from that point of view it makes since, otherwise at times he looks like a nut, something in the line of Jim McDermott (D)Washington who is just a political embarassment.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:23 AM

The real story being, "This is supposed to bad? A half baked idea about banking regulations that doesn't have enough support to get passed on it's own, is thrown in last minute to appeal to Fritz' 2008 election bid, and I am supposed to ignore all that inapproprite activity for the sake of the bill. No bill is worth selling out your ethics. You want to elect a weasel? I am not you man. You want to elect someone who is willing to set the record straight when these weasels play their political games, and stand ground for what is right and oppose abuse of power? I AM your MAN. MAN or weasel? See you at the polls! Thanks for your support.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:59 AM

This letter is nothing more than a political fence straddle, nothing more.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:47 AM

Conclusion: voting for laws in bundles is a f*cked up system.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:57 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
The real story being, "This is supposed to bad? A half baked idea about banking regulations that doesn't have enough support to get passed on it's own, is thrown in last minute to appeal to Fritz' 2008 election bid, and I am supposed to ignore all that inapproprite activity for the sake of the bill. No bill is worth selling out your ethics. You want to elect a weasel? I am not you man. You want to elect someone who is willing to set the record straight when these weasels play their political games, and stand ground for what is right and oppose abuse of power? I AM your MAN. MAN or weasel? See you at the polls! Thanks for your support.

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't have enough support to get passed on it's own

Sorry but this is wrong. If it had made the schedule it would have passed easily.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't have enough support to get passed on it's own

Sorry but this is wrong. If it had made the schedule it would have passed easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, how about:

Didn't have the support to even make the schedule.