Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

Just pointing out that Full Tilt has been rock solid for me and many others. It's obvious when playing that the vast majority of the players are connected fine (ie: disconnects are very rare, players don't take forever on each decesion, etc).

So, while it may be a problem with Full Tilt servers or software (as opposed to the user), it works great for many people, so there's gotta be something different with those who are lagging.

Could be operating system/version? Full Tilt has acknowledged that it's software for Mac is currently lagging. I'm running WinXP SP2 and no problems w/ Full Tilt. Could easily be some other crazy software or driver conflict (certain graphics cards, network cards, etc).

Only trying to help here. Not that I'm upset about 2+2ers leaving FTP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 AM

yves,

i just got a "scheduled maintenance announcement" from FTP. hopefully these issues get fixed. the maintenance is for 7AM EST.

later
fuji

Edit: It will last approximately 2 hours, or so they say.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:04 AM

Thats odd. I run 16 open tables almost all the time with PT importing per minute. I'm usually on 4-6 of those tables playing. Sometimes I also have Prima's client open while doing this.

The other apps I'm running start with Winamp and Firefox. All of this on a processor of 2gigs and ONLY 512mb of RAM.

No lag, no issues.

I hope you can get your situation worked out, but I don't think its Full Tilts fault.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yves,

i just got a "scheduled maintenance announcement" from FTP. hopefully these issues get fixed. the maintenance is for 7AM EST.

later
fuji

Edit: It will last approximately 2 hours, or so they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 5 bucks that says they put in lobbies simillar to Stars.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you can get your situation worked out, but I don't think its Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a problem affects one site and one site only, and the internet connection to that site has been discounted, then you can start to suspect maybe it is Full Tilts fault.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:18 AM

Why are the vast majority of players uneffected then? In the end the problem is occuring on YOUR machine. If it were severside, would not everyone be effected?

I personally don't really have an interest in what works on your computer or whether or not it is Full Tilts problem or yours. So whatever. But it just strikes me as a tiny bit odd that its not effecting everyone.

Personally, Full Tilt has been the most stable poker software I've been able to use other than Stars.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it were severside, would not everyone be effected?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would perhaps point to a software bug?

[ QUOTE ]
But it just strikes me as a tiny bit odd that its not effecting everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, a bug that only affects some people? Surely not! Someone call Microsoft and warn them!

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, Full Tilt has been the most stable poker software I've been able to use other than Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so happy for you, really I am.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its Full Tilts fault

[/ QUOTE ]

Manny,

This is happening to lots of posters. It's not their system's fault, and it's not their connection's fault. According to you it is also not Full Tilt's fault. Whose fault is it? Magical space lizards from beyond the moon?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:30 AM

LOL

Its a software glitch butr you completely rule out the possibility of it being your system? I'll concede that it is up in the air, but I've seen nothing to swing it one way or the other.

Anyhow, as it appears I've upset you guys and you're not really in the mood to view things in any other possible lights outside of it being Full Tilts fault, I'll just go play (lagless) poker.

Peace.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:32 AM

perhaps it is something on our side. but why would sites like party, stars, or UB work perfectly fine running 10 tables, PT, PAHUD, and browsers/AIM at the same time? i see no reason why after 10-tabling at stars tonight lag free, that full tilt should still have issues with lag.

maybe theres something inherent in the full tilt software that conflicts with something on my side rather than the server side. but yet again - that is full tilt's problem and fault.

all i know is EVERY other site works fine even when running EVERYTHING at its max. for a large site like Full Tilt to lag to the point where im probably -EV and losing $$$ by playing there is ridiculous