Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 12:32 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
gg Mets, at least you have Endy's spectacular play to keep you warm while you watch the Cards in the WS.

[/ QUOTE ]

One somewhat sad thing about the Mets loss is that Endy Chavez's catch is going to be forgotten by most fans. It'll be a lot like Dave Henderson's home run in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this was a huge upset. Biggest upset in the history of the game, really. Thanks for all your input, BobOjedaFan. I look forward to ignoring many more posts from you and Aceshigh... NEXT SEASON!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was...

I tried to make a post congratulating the Cardinals and then my Dad called. I talked tp him, finished my post hit send, and ....

BANNED!

Real nice, I was banned for saying the Cardinals werent as good as the Mets. Making an incorrect preidiction about Oliver Perez? Not posting immiediately after the game ended? What?

Well congratulations to the Cardinals anyway, I guess, even those forum for whatever reason didn't want me to say it.

I stand by everything I said about this series coming into it and really I was right. I feared Suppan more than Carpenter, I thought the Mets had more talent. Bannable? yikes.

Good look in the World Series.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 AM

BTW, The above post is my last post as any handle until this ban nonsense is sorted out. I just wanted the right to give me damn consession speech.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:49 AM

as a mets fan, what is there to say?

it was a great, great series and a great, great game 7.

the mets got better pitching than they ever could've expected. the offense let them down the entire series (credit to suppan and weaver).

the mets were the better team, and if this series gets played 500 times, no doubt the mets win more than half the time. but in one seven-game series, pretty much anything can happen.

good for the cardinals, but i do think they are a fairly big underdog against detroit.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, The above post is my last post

[/ QUOTE ]
That statement is incorrect. Do you see why?

Also, astro, this game made the series suck a lot less. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 AM

Congrats Cards fans. Suppan is on his way to earn lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this offseason
Old 10-20-2006, 02:04 AM

i just got home from the game and finish reading all these posts. if it wasn't bad enough i had to walk from the train station in the rain.

apparently reyes is the only met who knows how to foul off a 2 strike curve ball. to bad edmonds was positioned perfectly to catch his rope to the outfield.

gg cardinals.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
suppan has just been nails since the all-star break. i wonder how much the show he's put on in the post-season has raised his price, he's free at the end of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

he will get big dollars

maybe from the Mets [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 02:15 AM

outside shea after the game they were still selling mets 2006 nl champions shirts. i told my friend to get me one. maybe we can get drunk and pretend they won.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:34 AM

I have to say this. As a Met fan this year was the most fun I've ever had. Cruising through the season, enjoying every game, knowing we were gonna win the East. It was the most fun I have ever had watching a team of mine since the '99 Jaguars. It's easily the best Met team I can remember watching. It's a sin I can't remember the teams from 86 and 88. Good luck Cardinals. I love the NL and want them to win every year. I have a feeling the Mets will be back next year and a much better team. Can't wait for those big offseason moves.