Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: The Heavy Walker Dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this used to drive me crfazy when I was living in apartments. I know in Los Angeles, if you have aan apartment that's above someone elses, it is required by law that you cover no less than 70% of your floor space with carpeting/rugs. Maybe your city has the same law? Ask your landlord.

Otherwise, there ain't nothing you can do about it. They have the right to do walk around their own apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I do the ol' "Broom handle tapping ceiling" move?

[/ QUOTE ]

The lady below me does this, if I play my tv too loud, she stopped when I think she overheard me telling my friend my plan to drop a window AC unit on her next time she walks out of the house. Dont be this guy.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:38 PM

if they'd stop wearing shoes in the house your problem would probably be solved
Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this used to drive me crfazy when I was living in apartments. I know in Los Angeles, if you have aan apartment that's above someone elses, it is required by law that you cover no less than 70% of your floor space with carpeting/rugs. Maybe your city has the same law? Ask your landlord.

Otherwise, there ain't nothing you can do about it. They have the right to do walk around their own apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I do the ol' "Broom handle tapping ceiling" move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people living below me used to do this, and I wasn't making noise, just casually walking around my apartment (It was really something i could not help). They repeatedly banged on their ceiling all the time. I figured if they were gonna be jerks, I could too, so I'd spend extra time walking around and stomping, then I'd stop, and do it again about 10 minutes later.

Don't be a jerk, they probably can't help the noise.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 PM

I had almost the same issue in my last apartment. I could not figure out what the hell these people were doing up there - it sounded like they were throwing shot puts or practicing judo throws. It was very sporadic - maybe once a week at night. Very strange. I'd call the leasing office if it got too bad.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:50 PM

Rent the top floor apartment or rent a townhouse, instead.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, most of the rest of the civilized world has not adopted California's colorful attempts to "help society along"
Old 01-31-2006, 05:42 PM

For whom?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:48 PM

Not much you can do about it unfortunately. As others have said, this is a huge reason to get an upstairs apartment.

I don't think America getting fatter by the year is any help, either. And strangely, some people seem to have no coordination in their hips or something and seem to attack the ground with their steps. I'm over 200 pounds and you can never hear me walk; I startle people all the time by popping up behind them noiselessly.

Just be glad they don't have one of those flywheel exercise bikes that thump on every round. That sounds like hammering coming down. And be grateful that footsteps are the worst of your problems. I usually find playing music(ALWAYS crappy music) way too loud and the worst hours is standard from neighbors.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For whom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily for people who believe that a goverment has no place trying to manage society.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:56 PM

Oh, crazy people.