Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Chris Rock\'s mom sues Cracker Barrell

[ QUOTE ]
"The only thing he said was we could have a free meal and neither of us wanted to eat."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Chris Rock\'s mom sues Cracker Barrell

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people go to Cracker Barrell if there service is so bad? It seems nobody had anything good to say about this place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a server at the Cracker Barrel in Norman, OK during undergrad school. I worked there for 2+ years. The servers were generally bad. Management also doesn't really help out the servers. Ex: Your Cracker Barrel meal comes with complimentary fresh made biscuits and corn muffins. Our mgr said we could only bring jelly to the customers if they asked for it (otherwise someone might steal the .06 packet of jelly oh noes). Well, I brought it anyway. A lot of people don't like having to ask the server for things. Customer service involves anticipating and meeting needs before the customer has to ask. Like if I served someone fries, I brought ketchup. Very simple stuff, but it makes you look good, and you look dumb if you bring someone fries and they have to say "can I get some ketchup?" and you go "ohhh, you need ketchup with fries, didn't occur to me, brb lolz"

Another policy that prevented a lot of good servers from working there is that you can't autograt big parties. Saturday mornings were a big money shift, and I had a group of 14 take up my whole section for 2.5 hours. I gave them good service, refilled coffee constantly, and got ZERO DOLLARS for tip. Also, luckily, since I wasn't getting any new tables, I got to be the slave boy for the other servers to help them with their new tables so they could make money. There were several old lady servers that got the best sections b/c they had longevity. However, they sucked at serving, and couldn't handle the demands. So everyone had to bail them out constantly and they left with the monetary rewards.

That said, the food really is pretty tremendous. They have the best bacon out there, use high quality ingredients, etc. My wife worked there too, and we still enjoy the food. We just know that the likelihood is that the service will be mediocre.