Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 04:55 AM

Default Re: a couple things, and a word about my turn bet and river call.

[ QUOTE ]
"I guess the Hollywood might have bought you a bluff-raise"

Mike's general appearance, and style of play, can augment the effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what Mike's appearance is and all I know of his play is what I've read here. If Mike's image is such that he gets bluff-raised more than others, then the pause, pause, bet/call is great on the river. I still think the turn donk is pretty useless, though.

SpaceAce
Old 10-19-2006, 12:13 PM

Please don't take this as a flame because it's probably going to sound like one.

I really don't think some people should be replying in this forum in all honesty or you guys should make a high stakes forum where people must be accepted in order to be able to make comments.

Over the last month or so this forum has gone waaaay down in quality because of people posting 1k/2k hands and the people posting or replying involve people that have no idea about the game or don't have a good enough idea about the game (not neccessarry the people who replyed in this post but in general)

It seems like many of the people who made negative replys about Mike's play didn't even understand SH play at this level.

I'm no high stakes player and I only play mid stakes. I never post on these forums but I read up the high stake forum to check up on some great minds that does exist in the high stake forum (BK, etc). When people who don't even regularly play this game replys in these forums it just turns it into trash and many of the respected high stakes players stopped posting replys at all.

Even for me it was clear Mike was betting out the turn to make a play at the pot and many people dismissed that possiblity or viewed it as awful when it's typical play in high stake SH play...

Either way great post Mike, but in the river spot is 3 betting there really bad? And what hand did you put her on in the turn spot that shes calling you down with?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't take this as a flame because it's probably going to sound like one.

I really don't think some people should be replying in this forum in all honesty or you guys should make a high stakes forum where people must be accepted in order to be able to make comments.

Over the last month or so this forum has gone waaaay down in quality because of people posting 1k/2k hands and the people posting or replying involve people that have no idea about the game or don't have a good enough idea about the game (not neccessarry the people who replyed in this post but in general)

It seems like many of the people who made negative replys about Mike's play didn't even understand SH play at this level.

I'm no high stakes player and I only play mid stakes. I never post on these forums but I read up the high stake forum to check up on some great minds that does exist in the high stake forum (BK, etc). When people who don't even regularly play this game replys in these forums it just turns it into trash and many of the respected high stakes players stopped posting replys at all.

Even for me it was clear Mike was betting out the turn to make a play at the pot and many people dismissed that possiblity or viewed it as awful when it's typical play in high stake SH play...

Either way great post Mike, but in the river spot is 3 betting there really bad? And what hand did you put her on in the turn spot that shes calling you down with?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awesome post. It is internet forum hypocrisy at its finest. Are you kidding?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM

"And what hand did you put her on in the turn spot that shes calling you down with?"

could be all sorts of hands: A high, small pair, or a draw. i figured if she had an overpair she would autoraise.

what's interesting is given her hand, her lack of a semibluff raise on the turn means she probably did believe i had something i was showdown committed with. so my bet on the turn did manage to deceive her as to my holding and i believe if i bet a river blank as well it would have made it hard for her to call down with something like A-rag unimproved.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:25 PM

mike, what's your line on a blank river? c/c?
Old 10-19-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mike, what's your line on a blank river? c/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure his last post indicates he woulda bet it.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:29 PM

i was probably betting. almost never check-calling, and possibly check-folding.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 PM

what's interesting is given her hand, her lack of a semibluff raise on the turn means she probably did believe i had something i was showdown committed with

If this is the case, she'd have never bluff-raised the river.

-Scott
Old 10-19-2006, 04:36 PM

"If this is the case, she'd have never bluff-raised the river."

pretty sure she did that because i play like a weak tight little bitch and she figured i was thinking about whether or not to bet a 9 when i waited so long to bet the river.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I guess the Hollywood might have bought you a bluff-raise"

Mike's general appearance, and style of play, can augment the effect.

And I mean both of those things as a compliment, Mike.

In live play with people who you haven't played with before, your general appearance, mannerisms, and demeanor sometimes go a long way towards how your play is perceived.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never seen a "hollywood" better than what Mike L can bring to the table.