Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Answers 10/18

Doug,

even though i am no customer of FTP yet(!) i just want to tell you how much i appreciate the openness of your post(s).
Old 10-19-2006, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain how having a custom tab increases load on the server? A properly designed custom tab should be a client side feature that would reduce the load on the server.

[/ QUOTE ]

for it to be a client side only feature the client would have to get all of the lobby data always. that wouldn't take much load off the server.

but i guess what you mean is that the client only requests data matching its custom filters.
but this leads to thousands of different queries being executed on the server side each and every second.

depending on the data structure currently implemented this might very well pose a problem and could take a while to get properly refactored.

so i guess in the meantime its better to implement only a bunch of predefined filters (hopefully the ones which would be most useful) to reduce the load on the datastore.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:13 AM

Is anyone else worried that FTP Doug and Doug (Grummin) from Cake poker sound very simmilar?

I mean they both hate giving dates, they both want things five times more than us, they both actually answer players problems (yes I'm looking at you Mike O'Moron and Party Poker).

Is this coincidence, or something more spooky?

JK I think. Thanks for the post, I'll probably be moving to Full Tilt soon (Riverstars seems determined to make me hate them - ONE TIME lee, for the love of Jesus, oh wait, wrong site.)

Actually, that would be awesome - you should get a ONE TIME button for tournaments that cancels an all in situation and pays all players involved their equity. Freakin fabulous!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3. What is the story with Tournament/SNG E-mail Summaries?

I hate to give dates for things since unexpected things have a way of popping up and pushing everything back, but these should hopefully be in before 2007. In the 'Options' menu, players will be able to check "E-mail me Tournament Summaries" and "E-mail me SNG Summaries". We have some people here who keep in touch with Pat from PokerTracker so I'm sure compatibility there will not be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not have been reading the Stars threads, though maybe you should, cause there are lots of good ideas in there. But this caught my eye as something specific: people who care about such things have been asking Stars to save the summaries to the hard drive for quite a while now. Doing it right the first time seems like a good idea.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. What is the story with Tournament/SNG E-mail Summaries?

I hate to give dates for things since unexpected things have a way of popping up and pushing everything back, but these should hopefully be in before 2007. In the 'Options' menu, players will be able to check "E-mail me Tournament Summaries" and "E-mail me SNG Summaries". We have some people here who keep in touch with Pat from PokerTracker so I'm sure compatibility there will not be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not have been reading the Stars threads, though maybe you should, cause there are lots of good ideas in there. But this caught my eye as something specific: people who care about such things have been asking Stars to save the summaries to the hard drive for quite a while now. Doing it right the first time seems like a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. You would immediately go from being a significantly less tourney friendly site than Stars to better in at least one small aspect.

But I for one, want you to make sure you can handle the traffic you're getting. It doesn't do we the player any good if they get upset and go somewhere else.

Oh, and coming here and being open and responsive is a nice hand, sir.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5. The last hand window only shows the showdown and the players hands, is there any way to see the betting history?

Check the bottom left of the Last Hand window, where the chat box would normally be. It let's you scroll through the action in the hand.

Also make sure you are saving Hand Histories to your hard drive, since this does not happen by default. To make it happen, you have to go to the 'Options' menu and click on 'Hand History...'

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance of getting the Last Hand page to show mucked hands as well? My PokerAce shows me anyway when I'm seated, but sometimes while I'm multi-tabling & bonus whoring & all I miss some info that I'd like to have. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

FYI, I'm a Party refugee and so far I absolutely love your site. The games aren't nearly as soft, but it's obvious that you all have put a lot more effort into creating quality software, and it works. Thanks mucho to all of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

5. The last hand window only shows the showdown and the players hands, is there any way to see the betting history?

Check the bottom left of the Last Hand window, where the chat box would normally be. It let's you scroll through the action in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is still a huge pain. THe box is small and it takes forever to sort through the betting history because you only see a small amount at a time. The way stars and absolute do it is far superior.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:22 AM

I have a bug report.

I kept getting ONE-OUTTED last night. I felt better after the poker GAWDS only TWO OUTTED me the next two times.

Three times last night I pushed the turn with the NUT boat only to lose to quads.

The Stars may align for me in the future as I am on full tilt now.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:06 AM

Default More \"industry operator posts\" are good for 2+2 as well, good post

"On the whole, you may be a bunch of bonus whoring, 8-tabling rocks that take more money off the site than you put on...but ..."

This is a great post, seriously.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is still a huge pain. THe box is small and it takes forever to sort through the betting history because you only see a small amount at a time. The way stars and absolute do it is far superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'll second this, not that the way Stars and Absolute do it is all that much superior because you still have to scan through a bunch of text. Just adding the starting/ending stacks to the graphic or even just the change in stacks would be a very nice addition. And if you can find a way to add the betting action to the graphic, perhaps with a PT style replayer, that would be pheeeenomenal.