Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on ebaying/reselling ps3\'s

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty new to ebay...Anyone has a link to a good selling ebay guide?

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy just got 15,000 PM's from people trying to sell ebay guides
Old 10-19-2006, 01:11 AM

ok, no guide finnaly, lol. But when reselling ps3 over ebay, is there supposed to be any sale tax? Also, since I live in Canada, will there be any custom fees if I ship over to USA?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM

IF anyone's interested I know some people that would be willing to wait in line on the release date for some extra cash, reasons being they're in highschool and can't risk $700 and don't know anything about EBay.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:47 PM

Too late for preorders. If you go to Bestbuys site you can check how many each place revieve the day before. This way you can guage when to arrive to spend the night. I camped out for the XBOX 360 and resold it for 1600 on ebay. Figure I got there at 9pm. I spent 12 hours for the entire ordeal, but I mean I made a little under 100$ an hour to do nothing but sit outside and bs all night.

The trick is to have somebody on standby to publish your ps3 sale on ebay once you know you have secured one. Those will sell out a lot faster and for a higher price.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah; looks like it's gonna be a daily routine of checking different forums 3 times a day (morn/afternoon/middle of night) for posts about other places doing pre-orders

[/ QUOTE ]

What forums?

Also, I know its small money compared to this but my friend was mentioning buying World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition and reselling it later. Does anyone think its worth doing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely not. While WoW has a huge player base, who is going to pay over retail for an expansion pack that Blizzard just stamps out the dvd? I would assume that some areas might have an intial shortage of games for a week, but the 2nd shipment will satisfy evreyone...this is of course if they actually even sell out when it releases.

I don't see how buying any comp software, and sitting on it is going to make your friend any cash. Something like the PS3 is totally different.

edit: Hmmm it seems like some ppl are buying them up to resale. Having been into mmorpgs since EQ I just dont see ppl making a killing on reselling these things, but it appears some ppl think they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm i dont know about that. I think you can probably buy it direct from blizzard as a download. Im not sure how its going to work, like im sure it knows that YOUR account is registered for the new content. Otherwise you could just install it on peoples pcs who want it.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too late for preorders. If you go to Bestbuys site you can check how many each place revieve the day before. This way you can guage when to arrive to spend the night. I camped out for the XBOX 360 and resold it for 1600 on ebay. Figure I got there at 9pm. I spent 12 hours for the entire ordeal, but I mean I made a little under 100$ an hour to do nothing but sit outside and bs all night.

The trick is to have somebody on standby to publish your ps3 sale on ebay once you know you have secured one. Those will sell out a lot faster and for a higher price.

[/ QUOTE ]

really?!?! the demand is highest that day. Not closer to christmas, maybe thanksgiving weekend etc.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:03 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many ps3's would a large BB in an urban city get? are we talking like 4 or 20
Old 10-25-2006, 12:53 PM

my friend is importing 250 in from mexico. gonna be v profitable.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:46 PM

So how does this work at the 24 hour wal-marts? Would I be better off going there, or camping out at CC?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM

I heard word that Toys R US has preorders on OCT 29... can this be confirmed by anyone?