Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: ooooh.....suited connectors out of BB versus a tightie

I like a flop c/r. Given that you didn't you might want to try for a bet/3bet on the turn.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is a tightie. Has hardly played a hand preflop so no real read on his postflop play. I cant recall how many hands I had on him (would have been less than 60 though) but he was sitting after a couple of lags/maniacs so every second hand was bet/raised preflop by the time it go to him.

Anywho, he has to have something something decent here.

hows my line? standard?

Paradise Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Ozi is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, Ozi calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's your reraise?!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:05 PM

Ozi, I think this is played nicely.

Whether villain is stealing or actually has a hand he's almost always firing again the turn, making this a good line. Occasionally I'll pop the flop to mix it up a bit but this is my standard line here.

I'm kinda surprised that you're so sure villain has a hand though, given the lack of info on him. Doesn't matter too much in this hand imo cause I play it the same either way.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you might want to try for a bet/3bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 3 in on the turn would be great, but for me to try it I want a turn card that doesn't make it look like I slowplayed the flop. If we donk the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn I think villain will start to suspect something is up.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:17 AM

Seems like there are two standard plays here: c/r, lead, lead or c/c, c/r, lead.

This strikes me as one of those spots where choosing either one should be based more on reads than anything else. Assuming these lines are followed through the river as planned, you'll get 1/2 a BB more by waiting for the turn (assuming no 3-bets anywhere).

However, if conditions dictate that villain is likely to check behind on the turn (say if this flop were J94 instead villain would likely check behind AK, AQ, and KQ now) you'll gain more by c/r, lead, lead. If this particular villain will default to second barreling the UI overs, c/r turn instead.

Either way, this strikes me as a case out of Ed Miller's "I think my biggest leak is..." discussion. If you chose either one of these plays 100% of the time in this case (flop 2-pair or better) it would likely be a small leak for your overall game since a)these pots happen relatively infrequently, and b) the difference in either line is negligible in real life since other conditions such as villain's range and flop texture and in this case blind battling variables will have a greater affect on turn play here.

I'm not saying don't mix things up at all, but in this case against a relative unknown (with tight-ish tendancies) it probably doesn't matter which line we take in the grand scheme of things.

FWIW, I would likely c/r turn here since he's more likely to have hit top pair than a flop like J94, and here he's going to bet AK more often since there's a gutshot with it on the turn, and to him we're more likely to be on a draw with this board after c/c'ing flop, especially after the 2nd diamond hit.