Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 06:10 PM

Default WorldPx / WSEX / WPEX Datamining and HUD

Namegrabber on the Pokertracker forum has taken the time to write a program that uses the dealer chat to insert the player names into new hand history files to be used by PT. http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/vi...sc&start=0 This is the first step.

I know some datamining apps for other sites work similarly. Would it be possible to port existing datamining apps to World Poker Exchange?

Also, since an app has been written for the proper hand histories, what is stopping PAHUD from working?

Last but not least, none of the mods from http://www.holdemreview.com/index.ph...exchange-mods/ are working and cause crashes with this version. Does anyone have any updates?

I would be willing to help in the process of getting some of these things together. I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,

lucydeucy
Old 10-17-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: WorldPx / WSEX / WPEX Datamining and HUD

pokerace guy doesnt want it do it since he has beef with Wsex stance on HUD. bad ideal to post all over forums. might get this app ban [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2006, 06:52 PM

the mods works fine for me. make sure to reinstall wpex and just overwrite files and not delete the files in dir since upgrade add new images.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 PM

Ditememay,

Thanks for your replies. As far spreading the link to the app and getting it banned; I feel that once the app has been posted to the internet WPEX knows it exists. It has already been posted to the main poker tracker forum, so I feel that posting about WPEX development is fine.

Thank you for telling me about the overwrite. I did the instructions exactly as listed on the holdemreview site (deleting the folders) rather than just an overwrite. I guess they need to update their install instructions.

Thanks and I look forward to more replies.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 PM

I was asked about this on my forum today. Here is the response I gave:

WPEX does not welcome HUD users. So basically, they are telling you they don't want you to play on their site. Personally, I find this extremely offensive and refuse to make their site better by adding support for their site to my software.

I recommend that all players who value the use of HUDs and feel they are a fair advantage to boycott WPEX and let them know you are doing so and why. This is the only way they will change their stance. People are already doing this as their player count has dropped since the implementation of this "feature."

Why should I go out of my way to support a site that doesn't want my customers to play at their site?

Also, you may want to reconsider using this new application, as WPEX may ban it's use and I'm sure their terms of service allow them to seize funds if they find you are using software that goes against their rules.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you may want to reconsider using this new application, as WPEX may ban it's use and I'm sure their terms of service allow them to seize funds if they find you are using software that goes against their rules.[/i]

[/ QUOTE ]
WPEX management seems to be extremely reasonable and unusally responsive to our opinions. I find it incredible that you would suggest that they would seize customer funds over this without giving adequate notice that the application is being banned and providing warnings that players need to stop using it.

I don't think you actually believe what you said either. You need to get a grip as your normally good judgment seems to be clouded in this matter.

This is freedom at work:

WPEX is free to decide what type of poker site they want to run and what supporting software is allowed.

Players are free to consider site policies and play wherever they like.

You are free to never write another line of code for the benefit of WPEX or any other site you dislike.

You are also free to engage in scare-mongering and smear the reputations of those whose policies you dislike. But I really wish you wouldn't. This feeling of mine applies to all times and places but especially now. This is a dark hour for online poker and people who make baseless statements about sites stealing funds only give ammunition to our enemies who would ban everything.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 PM

It is true that they would probably give notice before banning anyone. I wasn't saying they would seize funds, only that they have the ability to do so if they wish. This application circumvents a feature they specifically added to allow for functionality they specifically didn't want. It's similar to using bot software on other sites.

Saying they are extremely reasonable and unusually responsive is a stretch, in my opinion. There was a handful of individuals who spoke up against names in hand histories. Compare that to the dozens of people who said they would start playing at WPEX if they added local hand histories so that PA Hud could access their site. In addition to that, many people have spoken against their decision, and their player count has dropped, but yet no action on their part. Also, all the major sites have no issues with HUDs. WPEX's stance that it kills the fish and thus their poker room is ridiculous as PA Hud and GT+ work with many other small sites, and they continue to operate.

People keep touting WPEX as the mecca of online poker, but what they don't realize is that WPEX has made it quite obvious that their poker room takes a back seat to their sportsbetting. They don't want winning players. They want gamblers who will use their sportsbetting utilities while playing the occasional game of poker. It boggles my mind that they actively post and advertise here at a forum that is filled with the kind of players they don't want at their site. Ironically, if enough people actually start playing poker at WPEX, the rake free thing will most likely end, as they will have to pay for those extra servers, support techs and developers somehow.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:53 AM

I feel funny disagreeing with you, PokerAce. I'm only bothering with this because I find your software more important that WPEX's 100% rakeback, but the fact is that my group of friends here in atlanta is a large poker group... and we're all casual sportsbettors. WSEX would do well to get us all on thier poker site. Our 100k/mo MGR has been taken from party and split among many of thier competitors (of course after being reduced to reflect that we're still getting used to not playing on party) we're really the type of players they want to attract, and almost all of us are leaving WPEX alone because we all use PAHUD, and consider it an important tool in our game.

I sent an email to WPEX explaining all this, and how I thought the people they will most attract with 100% RB are the kind most likely to be turned off by a lack of scouting. If they choose not to implement changes that allow programs like PAHUD, I just won't play there, or promote thier site. Calling for a "boycott" seems heavy-handed response. Maybe there is a market for this type of poker site (although I doubt it), I just wish it wasn't bieng tried on the only site with 100%RB.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:14 AM

It's fine to disagree with me. I'm a normal person just like you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As with everything, there are always exceptions. Most people who are serious poker players and play to earn money won't do much sportsbetting. You and your friends are the exception. That being said, WPEX still wouldn't want you on their tables, because your +EV play would take money from the fish that would otherwise use it to bet on sports.

It's completely within their rights if they want a poker site filled with fish swapping money back and forth, and for their goal of getting more sportsbettors, it makes a little bit of sense I suppose. Posting and pushing their site on here just doesn't seem logical if that's what they are aiming for.

I don't see a boycott being heavy-handed. How will WPEX ever change their mind if HUD users continue to play at their site? If we want sites to do something, you have to let them know what you want.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM

Josh,

I've used your software since it was first introduced. Your development and support are unsurpassed. I skip through threads just to read your posts. Your posts are concise, accurate and informative.... until you start talking about WPEX.

Clearly you and WPEX have different views and opinions about the HUD issue. You are BOTH right. Right now, you may be getting to emotionally involved in the WPEX/HUD issue. I probably agree with you more than WPEX, but, just as I would to a friend sitting next to me, I'd hint for you to remove yourself from the debate. At least for a while.