Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: COLLUSION ON WPEX??????

[ QUOTE ]
Then perhaps you should explain the point of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I thought if people looked back at what those particular posters had said in this thread, then I wouldn't need to put words to my post. My mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
timmythedog
stranger
Reged: 03/06/05

"extremely unorthodox" play

[my wife] has suspiscions also

We've never had such concerns on any other sites

gamblerNC1
stranger
Reged: 14/10/06

My wife ... felt the same

not sure what is going on

something is not right

Play there is extremely fast and this is often a sign of bots

That alone is a sign something is not right

smokey
stranger
Reged: 25/01/03

like the "action flops" conspiracy theories

Maybe they ARE action flops

So many set-over-set, etc. situations

constantly bemused by the perfect flops I would have caught

It's more common than it should be

DCowling
stranger
Reged: 16/10/06

never have I had so many two outers hit on the river

this is not a statistical anomaly

[/ QUOTE ]

The four low-count posters were suggesting that something untoward is going on at the "no rake" site. Suggestive and unsubstantiated posts such as these, especially in one thread, are quite unusual these days. To have four low-count posters turn up all at once to criticise a "no rake" site, at this time of a major shift in playing habits, seemed a little unusual to me, (and, I believe, to the high-count posters who were giving logical reasons why some players may be losing while starting to play at a new site where playing styles may be different to those at the players' previous sites), and I wanted to highlight this apparent anomaly in order that other readers would add it to their thoughts while considering the points that were being made by "both sides".

To me, it seems obvious that it would be quite lunatic for a "no rake" site to rig the results in any way. They gain nothing from the size of pots; they gain nothing from "action flops"; they gain nothing by players either busting out or making killings. Indeed, quite the opposite, while they are competing for new business to lift them up the popularity ladder a few rungs, they couldn't even risk that rumours about their deal and their players being bots might start, as it would be very easy for them to lose their existing relatively small player-base and for them to drop back into obscurity, at this stage of the game.

Again, to me, it seems obvious who wouldn't want a "no rake" site to succeed, and who might like to make "subtle" remarks about possible impropriety in an attempt to stall success. If there is the slightest possibility of this thread being a concerted attempt by a number of such people to start a rumour, then I want readers to at least consider that it might be the case. (I acknowledge that it might very well not be, and that it's simply pure coincidence that these four low-count posters arrived here all at the same time; but then, that's what informed debate is all about.)
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM

Maybe you cd share the name of your suspect?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, to me, it seems obvious who wouldn't want a "no rake" site to succeed

[/ QUOTE ]

...people who wear tinfoil hats? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people who wear tinfoil hats

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, indeed, another grouping into which we might consider placing our four conspiracy theorists.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:03 PM

point taken…….my apologies sir
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
point taken…….my apologies

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

Accepted.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you cd share the name of your suspect?

[/ QUOTE ]

No handhistories and I didn't write the name down. I wasn't(and am still not) all that concerned. If he was a bot he was an easily exploitable one that I'd prefer to stay on the network. If people want to make bots that make the same dumb play over and over again and not adjust I say more power to them.

Frogic
Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 PM

IMHO, the short handed low limit games (5/10,3/6) play much more like a normal SH Party 20/40 or 30/60 limit game. I mean these games in majority will be ultra aggressive, more semibuffs, better value betting, etc.

I would assume a normal party 5/10 marginal winner would be -EV in these games. Game selection will be key of course. I feel these games are actually a great way to get acclimated to a higher limit game without risking a lot of bankroll.

A low limit player needs to make adjustments such as learning how high limit players value hands (ie turn raising in heads up situations with middle pair etc., semibluff turn raises) and react accordingly usually by three betting. Also, higher limit players typically sense free card plays and three bet the flop when appropriate with marginal holdings.

I would assume that alot of the LAG play is because of higher limit winning players "slumming", playing on a smaller deposit and playing even more loosely than normal while sampling the site for the 100 percent rake.

Also, the 100 percent rake actually favors TAG style of play for a normally bankrolled 5/10 player. The combination of these two factors makes the games play much tougher than other sites.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:42 PM

I hear you!

At last a 2p2 thread with some real meat (as opposed to fish) to it!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:12 PM

I haven't seen anything that raised any eyebrows at WPEX as far as collusion goes. I play 5/10 and under LHE and LO8 on there, there are a lot of fishy types on there IMO ... they're just not the kind of fishies you see on other sites. There are a lot of lagtards at the lower limits, unfortunately for me, a lot of them seem to be card magnets as of late. There aren't as many passive callers as you'd find on, say, pokerstars but there are plenty of people who'll bluff C/R their gutshot on the turn and who will bluff C/R the river with air. Some are more believable than others ... if you're a tilt-prone type the style of play at WPEX might mot be the most beatable for you. "Bad beats" are plentiful with all the loosey-goosey play there and nobody likes their overpair getting check-raised on the river by a runnered flush or whatever after having capped the flop and raising the turn, etc.

I could list a lot of players there I consider bad but as a start, from what I've seen, anyone from France is just about guaranteed to be a super-FPS lagtard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] England has their share too ... it seems like a larger portion of USA players are tags and non-americans tend to be more erratic/unpredictable.

You can spot HUD-style multitablers a mile away on WPEX b/c they still play like they did on partypoker or wherever. Wonder how that works for them without a screen full of stats (I wouldn't know, I don't have any software) but they seem to simply play their cards.

I think WPEX is great ... where else can you donk off your poker winnings at blackjack and not feel guilty about it cause you see that rake counter ticking away? I must be their ideal customer, LOL.