Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I'm a parent or not a parent.
Parent 65 20.77%
Not a parent. 248 79.23%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Hanging w/ Horror peeps - Trip Report w/ Pics

A little back story:

My friend Sara and her sister Jenny and our friend Taryn have been to a few of these conventions (never to this one, but to larger ones like Monster Mania in NJ) this is their life (well social wise.) And recently they have introduced me to all of the movies that I've been missing out on. I too love horror movies, but never had friends who liked to sit in on a Saturday night and get drunk and watch 5 of them in a row.

Ok, so this weekend in Worcester, Ma was the Rock & Shock Horror convention and concert. This would be all of our first times to this particular convention and my first one altogether.

We couldnt leave until after work so we were going to be late to begin with. We set off around 6pm after getting gas and some goodies at the good ol' mobile mart.

We arrive at the hotel and check in and decide to get ready. The convention ends at 10pm (we're not even going to the concert which is where most people went)

Here I am getting our beers into the cooler. Literally the 1st thing I did when I walked in. Very important to do :P

So we get ready and walk a few blocks to the DCU center. We get there and the lady at the door is telling us that their closing up. But we really need to find our friend who is running the show to find out what room our pals (Cathy and Dave) are in because they throw the party that everyone goes to. She turns some other kids away too (but they were being dicks) and then tells us to go ahead in (and we didnt have to pay the $20, score!)

We get in and the vendor section is open to everyone, but where the stars are is all blocked off. I'm bummed because I desperately wanted to meet Michael J. Anderson (Samson from Carnivale). I can see him from where I am standing and am so giddy it's stupid.

We finally see our pal Kevin B. who comes over and let's us know where the party is at. He then brings over Michael Rooker (a.k.a. Mr. Svenning, the dad, from Mallrats) to meet us. Totally cool guy, we faux flirt and he fixes my angel wing earring that keeps getting screwed up and we tell him we'll see him at C&D's.

We head back to our room to get ready some more (by ready I mean pound beers and rock the ganja)

Here's Sara, Jenny and Taryn doing a little posing:

Me and Jenny doing a little posing:

So we head down to the party and we have a little food. C&D were super nice enough to cook lots of food for everyone. I go in and dont really recognize anyone, but Sara is a pro and she's saying oh there is the director of Saw II and so and so. I'm not nervous or start struck or anything because everyone is so chill and kind of reminds me of any party I throw.

We sit for a bit and mingle. Take pics all night long of us being silly:

Taryn and I sharing a moment (her shadow makes it look like I sweat profusely)

I guess they do this thing whenever they are at conventions where they levitate people off of chairs. So here we are levitating Michael Rooker off a chair. I think everyone is clearly high and or super drunk by this point:

Here we all our w/ our host Cathy:

Sid Haig (Captain Spalding from Devils Rejects) was there for a bit. It was weird seeing him. He looks just like he does in the movies. I think at one point he came in and said "How are you ladies doing, you having fun ha ha ha" and it scared the [censored] out of me, I turned to Jenny and said "I think he's going to kill us" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I got to talking to one guy who was super nice about life and such and just shooting the [censored]. Mr. Dallas Mayr (a.k.a. Jack Ketchum) who is apparently a famous horror writer. I had no clue. That was the best part. I was totally at ease because I didnt know who any one was. (Later on in the night Cathy told me he dug my [censored] and I should totally get his info before he left...which I did, but he's like in his late 50's...apparently that's my bag?)

Cathy, Dallas (jack) and a friend:

We also hung out w/ these three brothers that I think knew Kevin B. and were also not famous. One of them was nice (kind of cheesy) obv. also dug my [censored] (who doesnt?) but I was totally raggin on him because he reminded me of Richard Greico (he was looking for the french teacher)

So then Sara is talking to some guy who has, up until this point, been relatively quiet up until now and she's gushing. I'm like Ok...so I start talking to him and he's wicked chill. And then I realize who he is...Doug Bradley a.k.a. Pinhead from Hellraiser!! I seriously can never ever watch that movie again and be scared. He was so frigging nice and we chilled w/ him for the remainder of the night.

Here's some shots w/ Mr. Bradely (Your suffering will be legendary, even in HELL!, We have such SIGHTS to show you) ha ha ha:

Honestly, I think I have an old man crush on him. :P

And one more of Jes looking pretty [censored] drunk:

So that was our night. I had a blast, got some numbers and info from some peeps to keep in touch and we're looking forward to seeing them again at some of the bigger conventions next year.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Hanging w/ Horror peeps - Trip Report w/ Pics

Tenn,

Stop looking disgustingly cute. Also, when I opened this thread I was expecting to see comic convention-like photos rather than a party in a hotel room.

Your pal,

skunk.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:05 PM

This is a convention? Looks like eight people in a room. Where's the teeming masses?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:14 PM

Nice read. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:20 PM

"Hey girls! I'm having a horror convention."

ORLY WHERE?

"In my hotel room, uh, that pinhead guy from hellraiser is there."

ZOMG IN~!

Convention, hell. This is a crime scene. Tenn I usually give you a hard time but you look way cute here.

I want to go to more "conventions". You, Taryn, and host Cathy are hot. I didn't really pay attention to the others.

I like the pictures.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:23 PM

Cigarettes and Miller lite. Ewwwww
Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM

Tennenbaum,

I am hosting a horror convention this wkd at my place in Hoboken, it may rival the size of the convention in your pics. The movies will be scary and the booze will be flowing. I would suggest bringing a couple girls with you, PM me for details.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM

You drank with ROWDY EFFING BURNS and PINHEAD! WTF?!?!?!