Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Answer from Sen, Durbin (IL-D)

there's no irony...I am not bashing atheism...my point is that we should be staying on the subject of the initial post...if a right wing extremist had posted some bible verse in here I would have had the same response towards them...no irony
Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the replies that posters here have received from Senators or Representatives have been of similar nature.

Translation: I don't give a [censored] what you think. Here's a nice boilerplate form letter to thank you for taking time to send me your opinion, which I will totally ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2006, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Senator Durbin goes to my church

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that he either a) believes in mythology or b) pretends to believe in mythology suggest to me that he will never truly understood the concepts of personal freedom necessary to do anything positive for the internet gambling cause

[ QUOTE ]

I think he means, if he can believe in something make believe how can you be trusted with protecting his personal freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Religion isn't wrong.

Believing in God isn't wrong.

Abusing those things in order to gain power politically is wrong. And, of course, abusing anything to gain power politically is wrong.

Religion and the belief in God are not mythology. However, none of you that do not believe in God are being asked by me to start believing because I would never do that. It's just, at the same time, I shouldn't be expected to not believe either. I can protect personal freedoms, and my belief in God doesn't hinder that. I would venture a guess that many of Clinton supporters (me being one of those) forget the fact that he and his wife are strong church goers. I would trust that Bill, or Hillary could protect our personal freedoms and also continue to believe.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:56 PM

Maybe you can dump thej coffee potj on to his lap
Old 10-17-2006, 01:15 PM

The final version of the SAFE Port Act of 2006 included a number of provisions important to our national security. It passed by unanimous consent in the Senate. There was not a separate vote on the provisions to prevent unlawful Internet gambling.

I really liked this......no one in their right mind would have voted against a "PORT SAFETY BILL" That would be political suicide right now.