Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 AM

Default Pressure Poker: Poker Strategy and Tools to Improve Your Game by Scott

by Scott Gallant.

Has anyone read this and can they give me their opinion as to its worth? Keep in mind I have read many of the 2+2 books plus a few more.

cheers

LB
Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Pressure Poker: Poker Strategy and Tools to Improve Your Game by Scott

While it's a good read, it's not one that I would necessarily recommend for strategy. It's excellent as far as dealing with online issues and utilizing poker tracker. The strategy, tells, etc. information can be found elsewhere. In fact, Double A's (the author's blogger name) has a lot of good writings on his blog that you could check out instead.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Pressure Poker: Poker Strategy and Tools to Improve Your Game by Scott

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Pressure Poker: Poker Strategy and Tools to Improve Your Game by S

Overall I was pretty disappointed with this book. I thought it was filled with alot of fluff filler materials, guest authors, and VERY little was written about the "Pressure" part of poker. Like 3 hand examples. If you already use pokertracker, thats about half the book right there. I was hoping to learn more about how to put the squeeze on poker opponents.. I guess I'll have to wait for Small Stakes No Limit Holdem.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Pressure Poker: Poker Strategy and Tools to Improve Your Game by S

What a shame, because it will be the first book to arrive out of my Amazon order!

cheers anyway
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 AM

I thought it had quite a bit of fluff, but has some good chapters and I'm glad I bought it.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:42 AM

Just finished it yesterday.

It's a good book. It has a lot of content.

I liked it because MOST poker books out there today are either for ROOKIES or PRO'S.
You know what I mean.... Your "Poker for Dummies" and your TWo plus Two books.

I have a huge library so 60-70 percent of this book is just a lot of rehashed stuff ....... FOR ME. But not for someone who might be buying their first book.

It has a lot of content for a newbie and it had some good content for people who might be playing pretty good.

To me the most amusing part of this book was the section on Chip Tricks.....
I have a big library and one title I own is "CHIP TRICKS" by Ross watson and jen teti.
While the pressure poker section on Chips tricks was extremely small. The pictures were clear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and the tricks were described pretty well.

In chip tricks the tricks are described pretty good but the pictures are blurry and just don't help at all.

So all in all I would recommend this book for a beginner or a good player looking for some reading material.

The only MAJOR complaint I had about this book is The "OUTDATED" section on Online poker.

I know the book is brand new but listing Party Poker as a place to play might have been a bad idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

later