Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 01:23 AM

Default Is Full Ring multitabling dead?

Is mid-limit multitabling dead?

I have been attempting to play the tables I played at party but, they are dead, I have gone elsewhere but I feel my days of 6-tabling one limit are finished at full ring. I have assembled a list on the mins and maxs of each limit at different sites. Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully we can get a proper list together, as I don't play everywhere...

It is definately more difficult...

5/10 is fine plenty of tables pretty much everywhere, however after that it becomes more difficult.

10/20
Stars 2-4
WPEX 1-3
PTY 0-2
UB 0-2

15-30
Stars 0-3
FT 0-2
PTY 0-2

20/40
Stars 0-2
WPEX 0-2
UB 0-1
PTY 0-1

30/60
Stars 0-2
UB 0-1
FT 0-1

If you think my numbers are too harsh let me know. However I think they are fair. I think my conclusion is that 6 max will come to dominate limit even more...

ANy other feelings?

JT
Old 10-16-2006, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Is Full Ring multitabling dead?

I too suffer from this. Not sure what I am going to do.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10/20
Stars 2-4

[/ QUOTE ]

What time of day is this? I can't remember the last time I saw more than one running, usually zero.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 AM

Paradise usually has 1 or 2 20/40 or 40/80 full rings going. Having said that, they just changed the 3pm EST 40k Guaranteed to a $30k Guaranteed and the 9pm EST 80k to $35k [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] clearly dealing with the US players not playing anymore. Some states are totally banned (eg Louisiana, Utah)
Old 10-16-2006, 09:48 AM

I usually just sit at an empty table myself. It stays 2-3 handed for a bit, then like 4-6, then it fills up in time. Though this does suck and I feel like I've had this problem for a LONG time now (since like a little after the infamous party/empire split)
Old 10-16-2006, 11:10 AM

Well one solution to get 6 tables up is to run three sites simultaneously. However this is not alaways good as some sites don't 'pop up' and others 'jam' each other. Absolute and Pacific are demons for this...

I reckon I can multitable to 4 ok until 30/60. Then it gets tricky. I don't think Stars will ever have 4 100/200 tables like PTY did. But heres hoping...

Now whos bagging me for spending all my time playing live...
Thats a call back to a post from like 18 months ago, what ever happened to 'Shant' anyway? I suppose he was friends with 'Jason_T'.

JT
Old 10-17-2006, 01:45 AM

I've noticed mid limit full ring especially 20-40 has been hurting for a while now, even before this recent legislation.

I used to play paradise a ton, but then the 5max killed the full ring. Now if your lucky you may see 20-40, 40-80 full a couple of nights a week only.

Full Tilt has 15-30 full ring. Best times are in the evening.

WorldPX has full ring 20-40 sporadically throughout the day. Usually doesn't last long. comes and goes is what i"ve noticed.

I think Stars has the best middle limit games now.

But I agree with you, the Short Handed tables will take over.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:46 AM

Alright so we have agreed that we have a problem. What can we do? Full ring is going fine in B&Ms why is it failing online? It makes no sense. Full ring is MORE fish friendly...

It is the BEST game for a BAD player, why aren't people playing? Maybe I will have to convert? Not like I haven't done it before, does anyone remember when draw died? That was massive for me...

JT
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 AM

Adapt or die.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM

Full rings is more fish friendly that is why playing shorthanded is most lucrative. Full ring you wait on premiums and get paid off, you play less hands so a bad run affects you a lot more. Shorthanded lets you fully exploit weak opponents. Since I have made the adjustment my profits have soared. Not only that, but your playing so many more hands having AA's cracked a few times wont kill your session