Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Offical Borgata WPT Winter Open Thread

Post it here ladies and gents!!
Heading down at 2:05 Thursday.

follow it:

www.vinnythefish.blogspot.com
www.taopoker.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Offical Borgata WPT Winter Open Thread

let's go nicky schulman!! time to add another WPT win to the soon to be legendary resume.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:41 PM

just got home from there, destroyed blackjack again, running so white hot it's ridiculous, see you this weekend vinny good luck
Old 01-27-2006, 09:35 AM

Atta boy! Let's get um for more this weekend!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:36 AM

I head right down after work on Thursday. I am getting hungry on the ride down and I really have to hit the men's room - you are loving the story already, huh? I love that Pizza place in the Parkway rest stops. SO, I decide to stop. DUmb ass me always confuses the last stop with the one 20+ miles north of it. They only have BK, KFC and Nathan. I settle for KFC and a Whopper Junior with cheese. The trip is already ruined!! J/K

The line at 4:15 to check in is a bit longer than last week, but it only takes about 20 minutes. I really need a lack Card. The line is young men talking about pocket Aces, bad beat and idiots that call everything.

I buy in the for the $500 and the $2500. I buy the 500 first and just then, some guys walks around selling his voucher. Geez, could have saved myself $50. Oh well. I try to haggle so that I can either play in a SNG or pawn it off, but he wants $500. I have 1 hour of black jack and hit um for $400.

CCx is here, but I cannot find him. He was playing Black Jack,but I assumed he left. There are many $15 tables and I was at one of them. Holy cow, not one person at the table had any idea how to play. I am talking about not doubling an 11 vs. a dealer 6. and the commons ones. With in 20 minutes, I have everyone playing perfect BJ and (thank god) the table goes on a nice run. Two shoes later and I am up $400, so I jet. Upstairs to see tha ladies tourn.

I do not recognize anyone at first glance. I go to the super satellite area. 16 tables, nice. I look for Dr. Paul, but he is at dinner. When all is said and done, they are paying 9 seats. The tourn. starts with 5 players at my table. So it is uneventful. One guy (red) is a young kid who I always see that the Borgata. The rest of the table fills in and it is exactly what I expected. Aggressive, aggressive, Aggressive. 25 minute blinds, 5000 chips. Nice!

I get into one hand early and it set the tone for my tournament. I get 22 in CO and limp. Flop comes K73-rainbow. I lead out for 250. seat 1 calls. Turn misses me and I lead 350, he calls again. River is a T and I bet 650, he goes all in so quietly, I do not even hear him. A quiet all in? I fold. I would have folded anyway. I am not getting cards worth playing and I am almost afraid to play them, so i take a walk to the man's room, wash my face and walk back slowly ready to play.

But here's the deal on seat 1. first hand he limps and slow plays aces. He loses. 2nd hand he plays, he calls me down and pushes on the river. The 3rd hand he place he slow plays a flopped nut flush vs. a flopped King High flush. This easy read becomes useless, since a few hands later I run into a horrible play by me.

5 players call a 750 raise in round 4 (blinds 200/400). I hold A4 diamonds and I want have to see the flop. The flop hits with 2 diamonds 852. hmm, this could be ugly, I forget exactly how the betting went, but it was raise all in (1850), fold, fold, Red calls and I have to think. I count about 7000 in the pot and I have 2000. So I am only getting 3.5 to make the call on a flush draw. I have a feeling that the two folds were Ax and I might not be too happy. But, I call anyway. !st all was on a 100% bluff, Red had 99 and I had my flush draw, Any Ace and Any T. Nothing hits and I walk away, almost relieved. go figure.

I go back down to BJ and get up quick. I basically double my buy in the 2 shoes. I go to check the poker room and there is barely any wait. The room was dead compared to last week. I decide, one more shoe and go play 10/20. The shoe raped me. and I am leave the table down 600! Geez.

I get a quick seat at 10/20. They had 5 tables and mine is the best. 5-6 players capping preflop. Capt Jack (I think his name is Jimmy) Caps straddles blinds, then caps blind. 4 callers. 3 players at the river and my AA holds. The table dwindles down, as you cn imagine players losing stacks, upon stacks in minutes.

Our table breaks and I move to exact opposite. tight-tight. Once I get a feel for the table, I start raising with any two cards in any type of position. Once they finally start calling me, I hit a streak of straight. Again, the table starts dwindling. I leave at 1 am only down $100 for the day (not counting the tourn buy-in's)

Off to breakfast. Buffet for me. Goals today - play poker till midnight. Play like VinnyTheFish!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:34 AM

blog's updated.
www.vinnythefish.blogspot.com
up till saturday noon