FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: awesome?
Oh yeah! 11 10.19%
God no... For the love of God, no. 97 89.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2006, 10:22 PM

Default Re: e-mail from my grandma

[ QUOTE ]
for clarification the [censored] word is bullsh.t, not sh.t or whatever else more offensive it could be, probably won't change responses much.

and yes, i agree i used poor wordchoices, but i didn't think whawt i wrote was that offensive on a person-person basis [not grandson-grandma, we don't have that relationship], and if it is, then I will apologize to her. Imagine I had written my email in response to some old woman that I never hear from except for when I was anually dragged to her house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, it's not about whether you have the right. Sometimes it's best just to let someone get over on you. Cases in point: little old ladies, and older family members.

They may not appreciate it now or later, but it's actually mostly about you. Be the guy who doesn't clobber nutty old broads who probably have it coming, even though they started it. It hurts a little at first, but afterwards you feel better than if you did it any other way.

If someone is really shredding you and repeatedly going for the kill, defend yourself. But mostly these things aren't really attacks, and you can handle them best by getting past them as smoothly as possible.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-i do not care about my grandmother in any kind of real capacity beyond what i may care about a total stranger, i know absolutely nothing about her, and she knows absolutely nothing about me. this doesn't bother me. she is just my dad's mom and while that may mean a lot to other people, it doesn't really mean much to me in how I feel like I should deal with her when compared to dealing with any other person her age, or whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Grandmother or not, you gotta show a little more respect for older people. Even if they are dead wrong, you agree.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:25 PM

Jablue,

You are such an [censored] to your family members. You have no tact.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 PM

Maybe she is just pissed that you didn't go to your great grandfather's funeral. <font color="white">Sorry dude... I had to do it. And I do realize the possibility that she is not your great grandfather's daughter.</font>
Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 PM

The fact that you aren't close with your grandma makes your email worse. If you were close it would be easier to be honest. As is just delete the E-mail. Just nod your head and be polite. You should defintley apologize if for no other reason to appease your father.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 PM

We all thought we were smart and found some fountain of knowledge in college. Just shut the heck up an apologize, you will understand why in 5 years or so.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 PM

To JaBlue's credit - he appears to recognize that he was a dick here. Many people would not question their actions, he's got that going at least.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM

If all you get from her is crap, set her email to spam.

If not, ask politely not to be sent these emails.

Yeah, that was pretty d-baggy.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To JaBlue's credit - he appears to recognize that he was a dick here. Many people would not question their actions, he's got that going at least.

[/ QUOTE ]
His dad told him to apologize. Before doing so, he asked his friends and an internet forum.
-Sam
Old 10-16-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't want to attend his grandfather's funeral either. He has a long-standing history of being a [censored] to his family members.