Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Early Thoughts?

What are your early thoughts on this weeks games? Im liking the Steelers Falcons game i think. Really feel like after a good start atlanta will get lost in their tough mid-season schedule and will be lucky to finish 8-8. Vick is a liability imho. The steelers defense will eat him alive this weekend and big ben looks like hes woken up after his early season hibernation. Im a Falcs fan though and im slightly worried it might skew my view on this game. All opinions and commentary very welcome.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Early Thoughts?

Atlanta has played better than Pittsburgh. No reason for Atlanta not to be favored in this game.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Atlanta has played better than Pittsburgh. No reason for Atlanta not to be favored in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Other than yesterday's games...
Old 10-16-2006, 06:50 PM

Don't weigh one game too heavily, or you'll fall into the trap of thinking Pittsburgh should be favored. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 PM

Yeah i dont know now, the falcons in recent times have really struggled when coming up against above average defenses and the steelers have one of those. They are also pretty good against the run. The steelers run the ball pretty well or will at least try to. The falcs gave up like 3000 yards to tiki last weekend, it looks like last seasons run stuffing problems have returned even with grady in there.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 PM

I like KC +5. More of a pro-Arrowhead pick than anything else. I know the Chargers have looked great, but prior to the last 3 Chief games the 49ers looked decent, the Cards & Steelers looked bad, and I've been right in going against the grain in all of those. Home Chiefs good, road Chiefs bad, must-win division game, and getting 5 is a nice bonus.

I like the Steelers a little too. As bad as they had been playing, they were in the game in the 4th Qtr @Jacksonville and San Diego. The Cincy game, they were leading in the 4th until they muffed a punt. Not many if any teams would be better than 3-2 w/ that schedule. Atlanta is a bit of a wildcard, but their dome doesn't strike me as an especially big advantage for them and Pittsburgh is just a much better team when their QB is healthy (him being healthy may still be a ?).
Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 PM

Also the falcs are +1.5
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 PM

Yeah the dome was quiet at the weekend, even when they were winning the game..
Old 10-16-2006, 08:20 PM

Early thoughts ... I like San Diego and Denver. We'll see how wrong it is going against Arrowhead ... I just think that the Bolts outplay them from beginning to end. As for Denver, I know Cleveland has been keeping games close this year, but I have to go with my gut that Denver wins this by 10 or so. I just don't see how the Browns come close to competing here ... but I've been wrong about everything else this weekend, so who knows how next weekend will go.

I also like teasing Indy ... possibly with Jax or Seattle. Haven't decided yet and am looking forward to the weekly Wong thread.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:30 PM

Yeah ive taken 2 units on the chargers so far. Still undecided on the pittsburgh game ill wait till later.