Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 03:12 PM

Default 25 NL - QQ, board keeps getting uglier

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($34.70)
Hero ($24.15)
Button ($34.68)
SB ($14.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls $2, BB folds.

Turn: ($6.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3.

River: ($12.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

Final Pot: $20.35

Is this standard? No reads on villian yet. I think I should've bet more on the flop
Old 10-16-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: 25 NL - QQ, board keeps getting uglier

First raise more preflop at least $.85.

Flop bet is good.

Turn bet is ok I guess. Although you seem to be building a pot where you don't know where you stand OOP.

No need to bet river. I'd check and fold fold to any sizable bet.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:38 PM

$1 pf. Pot flop. I check-call the turn and check-fold the river to a sizeable bet. I'd call up to half pot on the river.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:10 PM

I don't really like preflop, go for at least 4BB's with 3rd nuts please.

flop is good.
Turn is bad. Bet pot or check.
river: I don't mind this bet if u feel he has aj, qj j-x alot of the time. However, if u r not sure about this a stronger line would be to either bet pot (as a bluff) or check-(possibly folding or calling to a river bet).
Old 10-16-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, if u r not sure about this a stronger line would be to either bet pot (as a bluff) or check-(possibly folding or calling to a river bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffing this river is seriously bad. What better hands do you think you fold out? Your hand still has value if you check and call a reasonable bet.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 PM

I think you played this hand good. He just calls you and doesn't show any strength. Checking on any street would be a mistake, you would just put you in a hard decision. He is probably as lost as you are and just wants to get a cheap showdown but showing weakness would make you open for exploit. Villain has probably AJ,QJ or even QT.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:46 PM

raise to 1$ preflop. 0.75 is in my experience not enough to get enough players to let their marginal hands go.

flop bet looks fine.

Bet closer to pot on the turn. I think 4.5-5 would be good. The K is not a great card for us but it is probaly equally scary to villain and no draws were completed by it.

The river would be a tough spot for me. I think I would c/c the river for a small bet.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Raise more pf. I usually raise to $1 or $1.25. Flop looks fine, but I probably bet the full pot.

I bet for value on the turn. I think your block on the river is better than a c/c.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM

I raise to 1 PF, pot flop, 3/4 pot turn, and check call most rivers. It feels like he is drawing or has a marginal hand.
Personally i think a check call is better than a bet on this river, because it allows him to bluff his missed draws/bluff a made flush, value bet his worse hands, or check behind, while a bet tends to get some value out of his worse made hands, he folds his draws, and he raises his flush forcing us to fold

Is my logic correct here?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to 1 PF, pot flop, 3/4 pot turn, and check call most rivers. It feels like he is drawing or has a marginal hand.
Personally i think a check call is better than a bet on this river, because it allows him to bluff his missed draws/bluff a made flush, value bet his worse hands, or check behind, while a bet tends to get some value out of his worse made hands, he folds his draws, and he raises his flush forcing us to fold

Is my logic correct here?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he is drawing, it probably isn't to a gutshot (which didn't get there anyway), and the flush got there, so I would hate to be put to a decision if he bets 3/4 pot on the river.

The suggestion that he will raise the river if he has a flush, thus forcing us to fold, is a good thing. That's the purpose of our river block. I don't think we really induce a bluff by checking river unless the turn was checked through as well. When we lead both streets, villain is checking behind with a marginal hand.