Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Recommend good books dedicated to online SNGs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't Citanul about to write one?

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that he is now a student again combined with the fact that he doesnt like a lot of people, and adding in the fact that he's lazy, i would say his book will be out POSSIBLY around the time of the apocalypse [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the book would be missing the "How to avoid tilt with group hug" chapter?

[/ QUOTE ]

well yeah, infact it'll problaby have the "how to tilt your opponents, then kick them in the nuts while theyre down" chapter
Old 10-16-2006, 01:52 PM

Hi Mr futuredoc85, ive been playing you today, i let you know next time im at your table and you can check my stats on sharkscope. =) My graph for today is to smal sample size, 48sng's played and ~35% roi.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 PM

guys,

i have about 40 pages of "notes" on my book, having thrown away my first about 70 pages of "book" because i disliked it. the notes are a very loose outlinish sort of thing.

when i spoke to mason about publishing, he said that they only accept full manuscripts. must publishers ask for one chapter and a table of contents, basically. the book would take a fairly considerable amount of effort, probably about a solid month of work, including time to develop the example hands. while there's a certain amount of benefit to theoretically having a book with my name on it, a number of factors - including the possible death of online poker in the us via legislation - moved this project to the back burner.

there are of course other reasons to continue working on a book independent of a publishing deal, if online poker persists, notably that a coaching curriculum for future students of mine would be that much easier to set out. i dno though. i don't want to write a [censored] book, clearly. i'm constantly torn between writing something really good, and about 400 pages, and writing something fairly simple, but strong enough to beat most sngs, with limited example space, about 100 pages. both have their niches, and clearly the shorter version can be used as a development base for the longer version. who knows.

at the moment there basically are no good books on sng play, as far as i know. this forum contains way, way more information than you'd ever need to get very, very good at them though.

so in conclusion, i was working on, and still have, most of my notes, but at this time my book is on delay for a lot of reasons, including the above, and those listed by others.

citanul
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No book needed now when partyfish moved to stars. Doesnt matter how you play anymore since you cant play worse than these guys. Just make sure to mass-table

[/ QUOTE ]

As funny as this is, I'm almost tempted to agree. I've been playing 30-40 sng's a day lately and I think they've gotten noticably softer, save for the occasional party trout.

Anyway, if it hasn't been said enough already, just read this forum and you'll learn all you need to know.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 PM

Cit ... I'll throw in obligatory retarded lame 'If you ever need it proofread or skimmed, you are welcome to mail me your notes' comment.

Odds are 1 to ice skating in hell, but still a wager worth venturing .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 PM

gelford,

thanks, i've got a few other offers for proofreaders [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

notes are currently in handwritten form. =(

citanul