Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 09:06 AM

Default 2/3 blind structure

Currently taking a few shots at 15/30 and the 2/3 blind structure (SB = $10, BB = $15) is new for me. How to deal with it?

I have defended a lot from the SB, almost treating it like a big blind. Is there still the 'rule' 3bet or fold in the SB? I don't feel comfortable 3betting hands like QJ from the SB but I don't want to fold them against a steal.

Also, I don't want to give up the SB as fast as I would do on a 1/2 blind structure when it's folded to me.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 2/3 blind structure

[ QUOTE ]

I have defended a lot from the SB, almost treating it like a big blind. Is there still the 'rule' 3bet or fold in the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, this was never a rule. When defending the small blind against a pyscho LAG on the button with a loose passive dude in the BB who never folds, then you are going to be calling a good amount of hands there.

But yes, you are going to want to call a lot more in the SB in many more situations. Just how many more is still really up for debate and I've never seen any hard guidelines given on this forum.