Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Lucky Chances

I usually play their 1-1-2 nl or 3/6 but am lookin to switch over to thier 6/12. Does anyone play in this game regularly? How does it play? Is it loose-passive like the 3-6?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2006, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Lucky Chances

[ QUOTE ]
I usually play their 1-1-2 nl or 3/6 but am lookin to switch over to thier 6/12. Does anyone play in this game regularly? How does it play? Is it loose-passive like the 3-6?

maybe slightly tighter, but not much. typiclly less newbie badness, and more just stupid gamblor badness. insanely beatable.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

maybe slightly tighter, but not much. typiclly less newbie badness, and more just stupid gamblor badness. insanely beatable.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I more or less agree with this. Obviously more regulars, especially daytime when they're running only 1-2 tables. The mistakes you see are more of the systematic and reproducible loose-passive, LAG type mistakes. Not nearly as many of the just plain dumb mistakes that you see at 3/6. At least during the day, this is the game you'll see the dealers and floor people playing. If you want to take a crack at 6/12, I'd actually consider going over to artichoke joes. They generally have more 6/12 tables going and the waits are shorter. The play is more or less the same, and in fact so are many of the players. LC is better in the am because of the AA cracked jackpot, but otherwise I tend to go to AJ because of the increased number of tables. It permits the possibility of table changes. May be we'll run into each other.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I more or less agree with this. Obviously more regulars, especially daytime when they're running only 1-2 tables. The mistakes you see are more of the systematic and reproducible loose-passive, LAG type mistakes. Not nearly as many of the just plain dumb mistakes that you see at 3/6. At least during the day, this is the game you'll see the dealers and floor people playing. If you want to take a crack at 6/12, I'd actually consider going over to artichoke joes. They generally have more 6/12 tables going and the waits are shorter. The play is more or less the same, and in fact so are many of the players. LC is better in the am because of the AA cracked jackpot, but otherwise I tend to go to AJ because of the increased number of tables. It permits the possibility of table changes. May be we'll run into each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I've never played at AJ, I'll probably go next weekend.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:55 PM

bump
Old 10-16-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I've never played at AJ, I'll probably go next weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LC is better in the am because of the AA cracked jackpot,

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I've been running lately, I'd make a FORTUNE with this!

As for the OP, stick with 3/6. According to another poster, you can win a rack an hour at 3/6.