Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Webite Revenue

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Myspace gets 50 million hits per day and has over 120 million members.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so I notice they have Best Western Hotels and classmate.com as their main advertisements. How much would these companies pay myspace.com per day? You say minimum $3000 but I'm sure myspace is making over $3000 / day on 50,000,000 viewers.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so I notice they have Best Western Hotels and classmate.com as their main advertisements. How much would these companies pay myspace.com per day? You say minimum $3000 but I'm sure myspace is making over $3000 / day on 50,000,000 viewers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are there main ads for you...there main ads for me are ringtones, dating services, movies....they target ads by location and demographic. You are asking questions that are very broad as well as limited. I don't have access to Myspace's income statment. When I e-mailed them about advertising on thier site, I was contacted by a person who asked me what my needs were as well as informed me that the cheapest campain they had was $3000.

Maybe im just me but im a little bothered by your questions. I think you should stop trying to correlate an express relationship between hits/impressions and cost of advertising, its just not going to work. The internet is just to big of a place. Microsoft is coming up with ways it says better gauge the effectiveness of internet advertising...and it is every ad salemans job to make clients believe they are getting what they pay for.

Myspace has very diverse choices of advertising. A client can become a featured profile..they can do a joint promotion with myspace...they can get banner placement...they can lock down the entire myspace homepage (i.e. Simpsons season premiere ads). They also target by demographic. For example whenever I log out of myspace I get a picture of a hot chick which links to a dating service. Im sure that the female members don't get this same advertisement when they log out. Now with all of these different ways of advertising on this insanely popular site, do you really believe that what they charge for a certain number of impressions could help you better understand how much money your going to make if your site gets 1000 hits???????????? It just doesn't make sense. First of all if your not getting a million hits per month I don't think many company's are going to pay you for banner placement. That relegates you to pay-per-click or affilliate refferal programs. What you should be asking about is page hits to ad click ratio's.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to get an idea go to SitePoint of Digital Point and look at the sites for sale. Most will list traffic and revenue - although hardly any will rely on "banner ads" - that's so 1999.