Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Why do Republicans get a free pass on North Korea?

Why is there no outrage over Bush's handling of the North Korean nuclear situation? Could you imagine if Clinton had handled North Korea in the same way? If Clinton had tucked his balls between his legs and ran to the U.N. for protection, Republicans would be up in arms. "Weak," they would cry. Bush does the same thing and nary a peep from Republicans.

I think this whole Korean situation highlights the chickenhawk nature of most Republicans. Republicans are all for going to war with a weak country with virtually no defenses that poses no threat whatsoever to America (Iraq). But, if a somewhat less weak country like North Korea tries to bully us, Bush hides behind the skirt of U.N. Ambassador Michael Bolton and cowers like a girl. Pathetic.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Why do Republicans get a free pass on North Korea?

So... leftists complain when he doesn't get help from the UN for Iraq and then when he takes the other path and gets help for North Korea, they complain some more? Seems to me that he could cure cancer and AIDS and you'd find a way to show how doing that was bad.

You know things are over the top when some of us who hate Bush are defending him despite not agreeing with his behavior on this issue.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:28 PM

I don't get it. Do you think we should invade a country that has nuclear capabilities?
Old 10-15-2006, 01:32 PM

So... leftists complain when he doesn't get help from the UN for Iraq and then when he takes the other path and gets help for North Korea, they complain some more?

Most actual liberals are just appalled with his NoKo policy of 5 years of inflammatory rhetoric + 5 years of total inaction. Am I supposed to be impressed when events force him to cover his ass?
Old 10-15-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Do you think we should invade a country that has nuclear capabilities?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that Republicans are hypocrites. Bush has been trumpeting how tough he is on terror for some time now. However, with North Korea going nuclear and threatening to sell weapons to terrorists, the president is paralyzed by impotence.

If North Korea had tested a nuclear weapon during Clinton's administration and Clinton had done nothing but beg the U.N. to take action like Bush has done, Clinton would have been skewered by Republicans. When Bush hides behind the U.N., Republicans say nothing. It's total hypocrisy and it makes me sick.

To clarify further, I believe that diplomacy is the best way to deal with North Korea. Unfortunately, Bush failed to engage North Korea diplomatically early in his administration and he now has no realistic options for dealing with them. Bush never had any realistic military options, even though he talked like he did, and now his past behavior has foreclosed any diplomatic options.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Because Democrats are soft on terruh. Throw enough [censored] against a wall and eventually some of it will stick.

They gut the port security bill, removing requirements to inspect every incoming crate. But the democrats are soft on terror.

They duck and run on NK, but the democrats are soft on terror.

Keep saying it a few times. It has a nice television ring to it.