Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Performify\'s UFC 64 Full Card Predictions

NAC 467.612 Method of judging boxing contest or exhibition. (NRS 467.030)

1. Each judge of a boxing contest or exhibition that is being judged shall score the contest or exhibition and determine the winner through the use of the following system:

(a) The better boxer of a round receives 10 points and his opponent proportionately less.

(b) If the round is even, each boxer receives 10 points.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-467.html

Looks like 10-10 rounds are indeed possible...
Old 10-15-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NAC 467.612 Method of judging boxing contest or exhibition. (NRS 467.030)

1. Each judge of a boxing contest or exhibition that is being judged shall score the contest or exhibition and determine the winner through the use of the following system:

(a) The better boxer of a round receives 10 points and his opponent proportionately less.

(b) If the round is even, each boxer receives 10 points.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-467.html

Looks like 10-10 rounds are indeed possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

This was not a boxing match. Look at some of the other boxing rules: "NRS 467.150 Length of boxing contests and rounds; rest between rounds. No boxing contest, sparring match or exhibition may be more than 12 rounds in length. Rounds must be not more than 3 minutes. There must be a rest period of 60 seconds between successive rounds."

Obviously these rules do not apply to MMA. I can't find a source right now, but I am positive that there are no 10-10 rounds allowed in MMA.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:24 AM

Section 467 (the whole big document) covers both boxing and MMA - its all unarmed combat.

I acidentally grabbed the wrong section. Here's the MAA section:

NAC 467.796 Method of judging. (NRS 467.030)

1. Each judge of a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts that is being judged shall score the contest or exhibition and determine the winner through the use of the following system:

(a) The better unarmed combatant of a round receives 10 points and his opponent proportionately less.

(b) If the round is even, each unarmed combatant receives 10 points.

This section cited is specific to MMA. I've always thought draws in rounds were possible, and I believe that is indeed the case per that quoted section.

For arguments sake, a 9-9 round would also be possible, with a round being scored 10-9 and a point being deducted from the winning side (as should have happened in the last round of the Sherk fight, where K-Flo should have had at least one and possible two points deducted for his continual, blatent fence grabbing).
Old 10-15-2006, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Section 467 covers both boxing and MMA. There is a separate section on boxing and MMA.

I acidentally grabbed the wrong section. Here's the MAA section:

NAC 467.796 Method of judging. (NRS 467.030)

1. Each judge of a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts that is being judged shall score the contest or exhibition and determine the winner through the use of the following system:

(a) The better unarmed combatant of a round receives 10 points and his opponent proportionately less.

(b) If the round is even, each unarmed combatant receives 10 points.

This section cited is specific to MMA. I've always thought draws in rounds were possible, and I believe that is indeed the case per that quoted section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh1t, I could be wrong, but nevertheless there is no way the Sherk-Florian fight was 50-48.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:29 AM

yeah, agreed 100% - its blatently stupid for that to be 50-48.

don't let me disuade you in the slightest from your god-given task: murdering Cecil Peoples in cold blood...
Old 10-15-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

don't let me disuade you in the slightest from your god-given task: murdering Cecil Peoples in cold blood...

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I still want to take him down, but this makes my case much weaker. As long as it was in his discretion to score three of the rounds 10-10, the bureacrats won't give a crap about my complaints. But I'll definitely lobby for his firing regardless.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no jury could convict you, no court could judge you for such an act of benevolence.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:17 AM

They must have scored a few 10-10 because obviously he gave Sherk 10 points a round. So he thought Florian was just as good as Sherk in 3 of those rounds? WTF?

Also how could anyone have scored the Kongo fight 29-28 in favor of Kongo? I seriously wonder if they are even watching these fights...
Old 10-15-2006, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also how could anyone have scored the Kongo fight 29-28 in favor of Kongo? I seriously wonder if they are even watching these fights...

[/ QUOTE ]I thought it was possible given that Marrero did absolutely nothing on top. Kongo stunk, but he actually landed a bunch of little elbows from the bottom. It was 3-0 in rounds to Marrero but I can how a judge could give rounds to Kongo.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: WOW Who Can be Anderson Silva?

He cut right through Rich Franklin and Rich has looked as dominant in his previous fights as anyone could. Franklin came in as the bigger fighter with the better cardio and well versed on his feet and on the ground.

And what did Anderson Silva do, totally destroy Rich. Rich landed what 1 maybe 2 solid leg kicks that only really got Silva's attention and basically woke Silva up. Damn Silva was even more impressive then BJ Penn was for the first TWO rounds against Hughes. I don't see anyone in the UFC now that can beat Silva, including Franklin.

IM-PRESS-IVE

Tuds