Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Official Weed Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only smoke in your house or a trusted friend's house.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has very little to do with the actual anxiety that I feel whenever I've smoked. It's usualy an anxiety over the feeling of being high itself. I almost feel sick, or as if i'm going to die, and I dwell on that the entire time until I'm sober again. This is of course assuming I havn't had anything to drink while doing it. If I've had ~6 beers or so that usualy gets rid of the anxiety part and I can sorta enjoy it, but it still usualy just isn't worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I forgot to mention this. Alcohol often gets rid of the anxiety for me, but not always. But at the same time, the weed has little no affect on me while drunk.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:03 AM

Replies to various items in this thread:

OP should be fine on the drug test. Drink lots of water, flush your system and don't worry. Depending on the type of test, you could also likely use a masking agent (commercially available) and be fine.

Vaporizers: lots of different models out there to choose from. Many are just garbage or too unweildy to use. I have one called the Volcano, its probably the most expensive model. Initially I enjoyed it but lately it just collects dust or is used for variety. Its a bit mechanical, and I frankly just enjoying smoking.

In terms of health benefits from vaporization, hard to say. Certainly you are not inhaling smoke and the stuff you inhale is cooler in temperature than smoke. And there may be some minor detrimental health effects from heavy smoking of cannabis, though it appears that all basically end if you stop smoking. There appears to be no cancer risk from smoking cannabis, so vaporization won't matter there. The best thing about a good vaporizer is that you metabolize and use more of the THC (and other cannabinoids) than smoking, so there is much less waste and you tend to use less.

Anxiety - relatively uncommon effect typically experienced by either novice users or if using in an anxious set or setting. (set refers to mindset, setting to the environment in which you partake) Often cannabis gives you what you ask from it; if you go into smoking expecting anxiety you will often get it. Same for inspiration, energy, sleepiness...whatever.

Strain also affects anxiety. Anxiety is often link to very high THC/low CBD strains. It is also more likely that you get anxious after smoking a sativa or sativa-dominant strain (vs an indica or indica-dominant strain); sativa seems to have more heady effects, indica more body effects.

Of course, as with anything, cannabis just isn't a good match for some people.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:54 PM

wtf is CBD? that's the only thing I don't know. I heard the more you expose weed to oxygen the more CBD there is?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM

cbd, quick google turned up this

Cannabis is the only plant that produces chemicals called cannabinoids,
however, with gene splicing and genetic engineering, it is only a matter
of time until cannabinoids are added to other plants. Cannabinoids are
ingredients unique to cannabis; the psychoactive cannabinoids are
responsible for the mind-bending effects of marijuana. Some cannabinoids
get you high. Around 40 cannabinoids have been confirmed to exist, but
most are not psychoactive. Here is a short rundown on the six most
prominent cannabinoids.
D9 THC, the main ingredient that gets you high, is called:
D9-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol. All cannabis, whether industrial hemp or
drug marijuana, contains some D9 THC. Industrial hemp cannabis contains
infinitesimal amounts while dried flower tops (buds) of potent marijuana
can contain up to 25 percent D9 THC. In potent varieties of marijuana,
perhaps all of the mind-bending effects are derived from D9 THC.
D8 THC is found in very low concentrations in cannabis. It also gets you
high, but there is so little D8 THC in most cannabis that researchers,
breeders and growers concentrate on the more abundant and potent D9 THC.
To simplify matters we will refer to both D9 THC and D8 THC as THC.
Cannabidiol, known as CBD, also appears in virtually all varieties of
cannabis. The amount of CBD varies enormously, from a trace to more than
95 percent of all cannabinoids present in a plant. CBD generally has a
sedative effect regarding the high you experience. CBD, when combined
with THC, tends to postpone the beginning of the high, but, the good
part is that CBD can make it last twice as long. Whether CBD increases
or decreases the force of the high is subjective and must be discerned
by each smoker.
Cannabinol, or CBN, is produced as THC oxidizes or degrades. Only a
trace of CBN exists in fresh bud. Stored and cured tops or hashish have
higher levels of CBN, that has converted from THC. Marijuana with high
levels of CBN generally make the toker feel disoriented and often sleepy
or groggy, often referred to as a stupefying high. At best CBN contains
only 10 percent of the psychoactive potency of the original THC.
Tetrahydrocnnabivarin, called THCV, is the shorter three-carbon propyl
that replaces the five-carbon pentyl chain. This compound is associated
with the fragrance of the plant. In other words, very pungent smelling
marijuana normally contains THCV. Warmer temperatures bring out more
smell. THCV is found in very potent marijuana that originated in
Southeast and Central Asia as well as regions in Africa. Concentrations
of THCV usually make the high come on quicker and disappear sooner.
There is still much research to do on this cannabinoid.
Cannabichromene, or CBC, may make up to 20 percent of the cannabinoid
profile in a plant. Little study has been done on this cannabinoid. So
far, researchers believe that it may interact with THC to make the high
more intense.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My thought ons on marijuana;

YAY! I'm tired and hungry and out $10! That was awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess thats what you get for buying $10 weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

so i'm getting my gf high for the first time in the next week or two. she's never smoked a cigarette either. bong or joint?
Old 10-16-2006, 02:11 AM

I smoked for the first time in 3 months two days ago. purple. then explored steam tunnels under school and a super colorful powerplant in school. It was late and we saw some dude sitting around, kinda freaked out and ran. Ended up in a lecture hall past hours, and again saw a dude, freaked out and ran. It was great.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so i'm getting my gf high for the first time in the next week or two. she's never smoked a cigarette either. bong or joint?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Joint without question. Way too much smoke to deal with if you're smoking a bong, especially for a first timer who has never inhaled anything before. Joint. A small one too.

2) Which leads me to my question. Why do so many Americans favour bowls and bongs over a joint? I much prefer to relax while smoking, and enjoy it as a social experience. Joints encourage that imo.

3) And while we're on the subject - why don't Americans mix weed with tobacco? The rest of the world does it - why not you crazy Americans? For me, it makes the joint much smoother and easier to smoke.

4) Lastly, the one thing I could never understand about you weed-smoking Americans - why the hell don't you filter your joints? I don't mean a cigarette filter - just a rolled up piece of cardboard at the end. It gives you something to hold AND you don't get any random weed particles in your mouth while smoking. I never got that.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:27 AM

I'm an American, and I prefer smoking joints, as oppossed to bongs, and bowls.

I am the minority amongst my friends tho, who prefer to smoke blunts.

I don't smoke(cigerettes), and the idea of mixing weed, and tobacco, sounds awful to me personally. I buy good bud, which is often tasty, and so that is what I want to taste.

Blunts are the wrapper of a cigar, and I find that those often make it harsher when smoking. Although I don't mind it too much. I think the whole idea behind blunts is that they burn slower, and you can smoke them in a larger group. Since a joint burns up pretty fast when smoking with a bunch of heads.

Also, in high school(class of 98) me, and my friends all listened to rap music, and so smoking blunts was the cool thing to do at the time.

As far as a filter, I was never impressed by this, and I think doing it every time would be a pain.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 AM

I'm dropping my 1200th post right here.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Joint without question. Way too much smoke to deal with if you're smoking a bong, especially for a first timer who has never inhaled anything before. Joint. A small one too.

2) Which leads me to my question. Why do so many Americans favour bowls and bongs over a joint? I much prefer to relax while smoking, and enjoy it as a social experience. Joints encourage that imo.

3) And while we're on the subject - why don't Americans mix weed with tobacco? The rest of the world does it - why not you crazy Americans? For me, it makes the joint much smoother and easier to smoke.

4) Lastly, the one thing I could never understand about you weed-smoking Americans - why the hell don't you filter your joints? I don't mean a cigarette filter - just a rolled up piece of cardboard at the end. It gives you something to hold AND you don't get any random weed particles in your mouth while smoking. I never got that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it's true that americans favor bongs over joints, but I only roll joints when the weed is of a quality where I feel it's appropriate to roll it up. If I've got some super stinky (and expensive) pot, I won't want the smoke to go up in the air, so to conserve, I use a pipe. The weed is also of a quality where you only need 2-3 hits to achieve the desired effect. Therefore it's more practical to go with a pipe. My current implement is a glass steamroller, which I got to replace the bong. I've learned over the years that when you are a true head, a bong can be a dangerous thing. Anyway, just pointing that out in case there are others out there that have been slaves to the bong. Get a steamroller - it's like a cross between a bong and a pipe.

I just quit smoking, so I won't have any tobacco in my joints. But even when I did smoke, I found it foul to combine weed and tobacco. Maybe it's that I love the taste of pot, and don't like the flavor sullied by the tobacco. I don't really see how tobacco makes the joint better. If you grind up your weed you shouldn't have trouble having a smooth smoking joint.

I don't mind filters, but I don't use them when I roll myself. My method involves twisting the excess paper at the mouth end and then cutting that paper stem with scissors. This makes the mouth end of the joint look it does on a cigar. In my view joints with filters are no better than my joints. Plus I think filters are a little ghey. I don't get any weed in my mouth, and when the joint burns 3/4 of the way, I'll use the roachclip.