Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Default Was this done right?

I was in a game and i went all in UTG on the flop, got folded around to one person. He thought about then pick up his cards, then i HEARD fold, i flipped over my cards to show and someone eles quckly covered them saying he said "you fold"? He asked him if he seen the cards and he said he saw the cards. I check with someone eles confriming saying that he did say fold and he did say he heard fold.

We replayed the hand, Was that correct?
Old 10-14-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Was this done right?

Go to the camera's.

Seriously take the guy for his word, and if he can't be trusted, then the host needs to make a decision. He either folded or he didn't. No replaying the hand lol.

Trent.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:48 AM

That sucks. In all my poker experiences, replaying a hand needs a really, really strong reason.

If you are all-in, how can you fold? How can the guy ask "...you fold?". You are all in, that question seems unlikely. The story doesn't make sense.

And finally, if you think you hear someone say fold, put your hand to your side and start collecting the chips. Even better, if you think someone says something, hang on to your cards and ask them to repeat what they said.

In all honesty, flipping your cards or mucking them before you are crystal clear of where you stand is really your own mistake. Sure, once and awhile, the rules will save you but the cardinal rule is "protect your hand at all times". That means don't barrel on if you are not clear if you won the hand, etc.

And as a last cynical note, beware of angle shooting. Some people will create situations just like the one you have described for the sole purpose of creating a bit of controvery and getting a hand "replayed", when in fact they should have given up their chips in the first place.

And make no mistake, angle shooting is cheating. Just google the term and become familiar with it.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:32 AM

He was asking to the person to right of him if he folded or not.

The other person in the hand with me, he said he honeslty couldent not say what he have done.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in a game and i went all in UTG on the flop, got folded around to one person. He thought about then pick up his cards, then i HEARD fold, i flipped over my cards to show and someone eles quckly covered them saying he said "you fold"? He asked him if he seen the cards and he said he saw the cards. I check with someone eles confriming saying that he did say fold and he did say he heard fold.

We replayed the hand, Was that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand should not be replayed. Just pick up your cards and let him make his decision.