Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 06:12 AM

Default Party Insiders make a stock killing?

Hmmmm....some big cash was made by someone selling short...and possibly rebuying?
Party may come back yet.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Party Insiders make a stock killing?

No, they lost billions you fool. Whatever shares were owned are now worth 32% of what they were worth two weeks ago. Take a look at the 'Holdings Statements' on gtheir website and you can see what other investors gor burned.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, they lost billions you fool. Whatever shares were owned are now worth 32% of what they were worth two weeks ago. Take a look at the 'Holdings Statements' on gtheir website and you can see what other investors gor burned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice he said "someone selling short"?

Do you know what that means?

Yeah, the suckers who bought the stock at the IPO price and were long when the law passed - they lost some money. And yeah, the execs were unable to sell all their stock, legally, before the law passed. But I don't think that means the execs lost money.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 AM

Yeah they did. I think they sold at 100, then rebought a lot after it went down to 50. So yeah, they made a killing.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:29 AM

Most people in the US do not have acces to trade stocks in England. I am not sure- but I think Congress eliminated joe schmo from trading euorpean stocks.

It reminds me of the same way congress is going to stop US players from playing online poker- which the majority of the sites are listed in other countries. How could you buy equities on the FTSE? I would not mind going long on some party gaming stock. The panic has most likely shaken itself out.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:44 AM

LOL, I am sure it is perfectly legal in England for company insiders to openly short their own stock.

I mean here in the US, if Bill Gates or Michael Dell wanted to short, say a couple of billion worth of shares, I am sure the SEC would just welcome them with open arms.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice he said "someone selling short"?

Do you know what that means?

Yeah, the suckers who bought the stock at the IPO price and were long when the law passed - they lost some money. And yeah, the execs were unable to sell all their stock, legally, before the law passed. But I don't think that means the execs lost money.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who sold early did well. People who got their options cleared before the shortfall did well. They did not really know this would happen so soon.

You can go on the website and see that several executives excercised options the day after the stock fell. That cost them over a million dollars.

People seem to think that the 'hard times' might be over. Before it's all over you will see the stock trading down at 25. If PokerStars and others stay in the US market then 25 is very easy to see because Party will not only lose their US players, they will lose Europeans too.

I wish this were not the case.