Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Advertisment for AbsolutePoker.COM on FOX????

Would someone please explain the .com/.net reasoning? I've never heard why it is that way?
Old 10-14-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would someone please explain the .com/.net reasoning? I've never heard why it is that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

they advertise their .net sites which have no form of real money gambling on them(Strictly Play Money Sites) which are legal to advertis, in hopes people finding their way to their .com sites(Reak Money) which are illegal to advertise.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You dropped out of school to play online poker before they covered verbs?! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats it, some of us aren't priveliged rich kids who get mommy and daddy to pay our way through life sending us to big Law schools and crap like that. And I actually did drop out of High School(5 years before I started playing Online Poker), as if thats any of your business and I gaurentee I make more money than your [censored].
And did I spell guarentee wrong???? I DONT GIVE A [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen anyone so proud of being ignorant before. LOL
Old 10-14-2006, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I was watching FOX at like 3 in morning and seen an advertisment for AbsolutePoker.COM!!! They mentioned the .com like 3 or 4 times. Obviously must have been an oversight on FOX??? AbsolutePoker trying to make US government mad??? Just found it really weird as I havent seen a .com advertisment for gambling site for long long time. Anybody else see this????

[/ QUOTE ]

lol advertisments
sorry its late
Old 10-14-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they advertise their .net sites which have no form of real money gambling on them(Strictly Play Money Sites) which are legal to advertis, in hopes people finding their way to their .com sites(Reak Money) which are illegal to advertise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really

Advertising dot com commercials got a Cease & Decist notice or something a couple years back and so its pretty much a voluntary thing, unless your talking to the DOJ its not illegal to advertise dot com sites, they'd just rather play safe than sorry.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I was watching FOX at like 3 in morning and seen an advertisment for AbsolutePoker.COM!!! They mentioned the .com like 3 or 4 times. Obviously must have been an oversight on FOX??? AbsolutePoker trying to make US government mad??? Just found it really weird as I havent seen a .com advertisment for gambling site for long long time. Anybody else see this????

[/ QUOTE ]

lol advertis A ments
sorry its late

[/ QUOTE ]