Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 04:15 PM

Default 123poker shuts down

BETCORP LIMITED

NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS

13 OCTOBER 2006

At 10.00am Friday October 13th, US Eastern time, President George Bush signed the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, bringing that Act into force.

As a result, and in accordance with the advice of its lawyers, Betcorp Limited has suspended all US-facing operations, pending further analysis of the Act’s final text and receipt of further legal advice.

This means that, until further notice, it will not be possible for US residents to place wagers or make deposits on, or make withdrawals from, any website owned or operated by any company in the Betcorp group. This account freeze will remain in place until such time as Betcorp has fully assessed its legal position.

Betcorp’s websites will continue to accept deposits and wagers from, and process withdrawals for, all customers other than US residents in the ordinary course of business. Betcorp currently has customers in some 87 countries other than the US.

The Board and Executive Management of Betcorp are committed to ensuring that all US customers will have access to their accounts restored as soon as possible.

Betcorp’s help lines and online inquiry services for all Group websites will continue to operate, with additional staff being deployed to handle US customer inquiries. Betcorp will keep all customers informed of developments.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: 123poker shuts down

They're holding on to the money? That's nuts.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had any money on that site, i would withdraw all the money (i am from europe) and would never come back.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:26 PM

wow thats some shady stuff id be gettin the funk outta there
Old 10-13-2006, 04:28 PM

Just get out of all those Tiny sites. or will lost your $$$.
JET set poker also down last night.
Jet set let people know 5 mins before they shut it down.
and then told players that $ will send in 6-12 weeks
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, called customer service they said they're freezing cashouts and deposits for the weekend and will put out a statement on monday concerning it. They assured me I'd be able to cashout on Monday, not saying that necessarily means something huge. I got just over $1K which represents just a little more the $5k that I have to my name (hey I'm 18 ok)really going to be a swift kick in the balls if they don't let anyone cash out.

I thought I had it pretty sweet to, 60% rb in my account everyday and the site had a lot of euros so I figured I'd just play in the afternoon more. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Feel just like I did after Frist attached the bill to port security. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Land of the free my ass.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, called customer service they said they're freezing cashouts and deposits for the weekend and will put out a statement on monday concerning it. They assured me I'd be able to cashout on Monday, not saying that necessarily means something huge. I got just over $1K which represents just a little more the $5k that I have to my name (hey I'm 18 ok)really going to be a swift kick in the balls if they don't let anyone cash out.

I thought I had it pretty sweet to, 60% rb in my account everyday and the site had a lot of euros so I figured I'd just play in the afternoon more. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Feel just like I did after Frist attached the bill to port security. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Land of the free my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same boat as you dude...I play on Bet Holdem, which was supposedly the last hope for US players on Prima skins. Now I have 20K locked up and I can't play poker.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, wtf.

- Jeff

PS. And yeah, 61% rakeback was hot sauce.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:18 PM

All money in BetHoldem frozen, kissing 63% RB goodbye, losing the ability to play a site with a decent miniview option. So pissed off right now.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:23 PM

what happened to Coach McGirk?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:32 PM

[censored] THIS [censored]!

I tried cashing out $6K from code poker 3 weeks ago...still hasn't hit neteller...been calling them every other day, they say "I'll look into it" [censored] [censored]!

And I have $7K on 123poker...[censored] GIVE ME MY MONEY BITCHES!