Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Jim Leach trailing in his house race

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Leach's district and this poll is the only nonpartisan poll for the district that I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has the gaming issue been brought up at all in the campaign in Iowa? Do you have any sense that this might swing a few votes against Leach?

I'm originally from northern Iowa and live in Minneapolis now, so I don't get much news from down there.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The site doing the polls does not indicate any party affiliation, but most of their polls have Democrats doing very, very well. For example they have Patty Wetterling in Minnesota up 5 points when in previous polls she was down 11. They also have Dennis Hastert only up by 10 points over an opponent who spent less than $100K vs millions for Hastert.

I did notice they are including leans in their polls, which may be reported as undecided elsewhere.

Not sure what to make of it. It could be biased polling, or it could be that since these polls were taken in the last few days that there is a wave of Democratic support that has not yet been picked up on earlier polls. We can only hope for the latter, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

With Hastert taking a bunch of flak over the Foley thing, I'm not at all surprised.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I live in Leach's district and this poll is the only nonpartisan poll for the district that I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has the gaming issue been brought up at all in the campaign in Iowa? Do you have any sense that this might swing a few votes against Leach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I've seen. I emailed him and got a lame canned response, but it hasn't really been part of the campaign. I think there were articles in the local papers on the bill and he and his spokesman commented, but it hasn't really been a debated issue.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:30 PM

The source I use over in the Politics Forum for polling data is http://www.electoral-vote.com/ This site simply lists the latest polling data in each individual district (more precise than nationwide polls). A couple weeks ago, they had the GOP barely hanging on in the House and Senate. Now, they give the Dems a big edge in the House and a very small edge in the Senate. It's looking like the Dems will take control of at least the House.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gay, alcoholic, page-abusing pedophiles.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these things is not like the others

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, alcoholism is a disease requiring treatment. Don't bash them for that.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The source I use over in the Politics Forum for polling data is http://www.electoral-vote.com/ This site simply lists the latest polling data in each individual district (more precise than nationwide polls). A couple weeks ago, they had the GOP barely hanging on in the House and Senate. Now, they give the Dems a big edge in the House and a very small edge in the Senate. It's looking like the Dems will take control of at least the House.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you can see, the OP's poll is the only one listed for IA-02:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp200...use_polls.html