Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 12:50 AM

Default Another 4/180 HH By Request- Win #5

Finally got around to putting comments on this:

4/180 for Win #5

Man was I ever agressive in this one. Well, agressive for ME anyway. My stack was all over the place and I was raising in EP with all kinds of marginal holdings.

At any rate, not certain that all my comments make sense- I was pretty tired when I wrote them. I know the forum must be getting tired of these, but Imrahil asked and doing the comments really helps me find holes in my game. And once it's done might as well post it on the forum right?

As always, any feedback is appreciated.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Another 4/180 HH By Request- Win #5

nice job, i don't have anything coherent to say at this time in the morning, but nice job on the win
Old 10-13-2006, 03:51 AM

Very nice win... seems like you are playing a bit below your level though with your insights. You should consider moving up
Old 10-13-2006, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like you are playing a bit below your level though with your insights. You should consider moving up

[/ QUOTE ]awwww- thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I hope to move up to the 2/180s when I'm bankrolled for it, but I'll need a few more buy ins first. I AM playing some $10s when I can play them, but the 180s work out so well cause I can play them on my schedule.

I am all about the BR management though. I do SO much better when I'm not concerned about losing my buy in.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Hands #1 and #2: I usually fold both but that's just me.

Hand #10: I fold this like you did.

Hand #12: What about a raise to like 160 or 180? Everyone will probably call so you'd get another 240-300 out of it on the flop? I'm probably being results oriented because anyone with a PP higher than a 7 is going to come along for the ride and with a 320 raise it's going to be easier to extract from them. But if you did a min raise or close to one the pot would be 1210 on the turn and it would be much easier to get people to commit their entire stack with 55-66 with such a large pot.

Hand #13: I don't like the semi-bluff on the turn because you're not beating anything. AT,QT,KT,J9,AQ,KQ,KJ,AJ... but I think you got a little luckey that this guy is a donkey calling station and had A high.

Hand #17: You played it exactly like I would have.

Hand #25: I just check this flop.

Hand #35: ZOMG you have a double gutshot not just a gutshot!!!

Hand #37: I fold this. There's a player behind you who's extremely short and may just go all in and make you pay like 200 to play your K9o.

Hand #39: I will fold KJo in this position but you have a lot of chips so you can afford it. Plus the table is kind of shorthanded.

Hand #41: Standard.

Hand #44: The only problem with limping is that the players who have already limped are short on chips so even when you hit your 6 you aren't going to get paid off a lot. I still limp with this though as I feel weak folding it and I don't think it's good enough to raise.

Hand #38: Nice play.

Hand #58: The queens are like 57% to win so it definitely is good to call. Now if you had AK it would be a whole diff. story.

Hand #64: Nice aggressive play.

Hand #69: You said you raised but in fact you limped.

Hand #80: No you didn't!! LOL

Hand #81: WOW, you are so luckey to have a tight table. I find my tables are always full of LAGtards that are like 60/0.

Hand #88: Great play.

Hand #100: Good raise since the table isn't calling any of your raises.

I will pick back up a bit later.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, you are so luckey to have a tight table. I find my tables are always full of LAGtards that are like 60/0.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, this was a strange tournament from this perspective, and the reason that I was so agressive.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #80: No you didn't!! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]23o = teh nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #58: The queens are like 57% to win so it definitely is good to call. Now if you had AK it would be a whole diff. story.

[/ QUOTE ]True, but I'd have called here with AK as well.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 AM

I won my first $4/180 a couple weeks ago and sounds like my tourney was a bit like yours - stack all over the place up and down - I got real aggressive post-bubble and never let up and sucked out good a couple times (biggest one was 89s vs AA on like a 8T7 flop - turn 8, river 9!). Man I love sucking out....

Nice win!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 PM

Just watched a couple random hands throughout, looked good.

That early hand where you flopped the boat with 44 on the 774 flop, I really, really disagreed with your big flop raise there. You hand is very strong and you've got like 3 players putting chips into the pot, and you probably have everyone drawing to like 2 outs at best, runner runner possibly.

I'd have probably just called the flop. Don't give away your strength that quickly. Hopefully a high card will hit the board on the turn and THEN you can stack someone who has top pair, but you aren't going to stack someone unless they have 7x or 88-AA the way you played the hand. You are up against 3 players, odds are if A-T hits the turn, you're winning a massive pot right here, not just a decent sized one.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 PM

Hand #111: I like the PF raise but definitely check flop.

Hand #112: I like your idea of seeing cheap flops with position but I think you need to modify it a bit and just limp with better hands than 95o. Things like 97 or 96 are much better than 95. 95o I believe is just too weak. You can't flop any decent straight draws, two pair will be pretty weak, and top pair isn't that great.

Hand #113: Good play here.

Hand #118: Good analysis here. That river bet had to either be a bluff or like trip kings or a FH.

Hand #135: Good semi-bluff

Hand #136: I usually play AA in an ABC fashion but your slowplay is good based on your reads.

Hand #143: If you're going to limp on the button with position and it's checked around to you on a QdQx7d flop, don't you think you should take a stab at it?

Hand #145: Maybe you could have floated this flop? But you did say you were calling for set value so I don't blame you for playing it passively.

I will pick up at hand #169 later