Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pre 1989
Aha - Take on me (2) 120 86.33%
Falco - Rock me Amadeus (7) 19 13.67%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Re: THE NINE

I'm enjoying the show a lot, but I have to admit it isn't as good as I thought it would be. TV Gal at zap2it.com said it was her favorite new show of the season by far. Generally that means the show should be amazing but I guess most shows that have debuted this season have been somewhat lackluster (with some exceptions of course).

I don't really see what the future of The Nine holds; I don't see any climactic occurances happening anytime..it's just a story of 9 people. If they keep it at the rate they're going, we'll be sick of everyone in 10 episodes with the same things going on and on.

Yesterday's climax was Egan getting fired. Give me a break.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:03 PM

Egan Foote would kick some goddamned ass. And I thought the ending of episode two was awesome.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't make it to the second episode. The vcr is recording 'kidnapped' instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kidnapped moved to Saturday [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!

I wonder what I got instead?

I found I really didn't care what happened in the bank. I'm not sure where the pilot lost me, but it did.
Chi Mcbride is talented, and worth watching.

I believe the network told the producers of Kidnapped to wrap the show in the 13 episodes ordered. Probably for the best.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chi Mcbride is talented, and worth watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there. I think he is very underrated as TV goes. He made Boston Public watchable there for a while. And I really haven't seen anything with him that I haven't liked his character in.

Chicago
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM

I see alot of negative comments here from folks that don't seem to be able to comprehend the level of writing, casting, directing, and structure that this show so very well displays.

Having said that, I really am only posting this because I read a few replies about the questions that the show poses, and I wanted to list my own questions here as they pertain to the plot and story of the show (most of these occur in EP1).

1. What was Nick's (the cop) plan in the bank?
2. How exactly did the cops screw the negotiations up?
3. Why did it seem that some of the hostages (particularly Lizzie) cared whether Lucas was injured while being apprehended?
4. What happened to Felicia (the bank manager's daughter) in the bank?
5. What did Eva Rios do that made everyone care about what happened to her so much? (Remember.... the security guard died and no one seemed to care)
6. What did the Dr. do in the bank that made his g/f mad at him? (Remember, he said 'It was only a moment' while she was mad at him while eating here bacon).
7. Why did they cut off half of the attorney's hair?
8. How did Eva get shot?
9. Did Egan's gun play any role inside the bank?
10. How/Why did they let some of the hostages go?
11. What was the actual 911 call? We know Felicia made it, but what was said?
12. When did the robbers 'discover' Felicia?
13. What exactly are the cops trying to cover up?
14. Why is Nick under FBI surveilance (sp?)?
15. What made the bank manager so 'comatose' when they were rescued?

There are some other questions that I have that I can't really remember right now. Overall, I think this premier was much better than Lost, and I say that because the 2 shows have many similarities with their story and the unknown.This may be one of the best premiers I've seen on tv, besides Battlestar Galactica with EP1 titled '33' and the Shield, and I really have high expectations for the show. A real suspense/mystery that's got me hooked.

EDIT - Something I've been thinking of, and I'll be the first to say it...... I think that it was Felicia that shot Eva, most likely accidently or she was forced to somehow, but I could see that being the reasoning behind numbers 4, 5, 8 and 15 above.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see alot of negative comments here from folks that don't seem to be able to comprehend the level of writing, casting, directing, and structure that this show so very well displays.

[/ QUOTE ]

People said the same thing about Prison Break. "You have to be an intelligent viewer to get it". lol, its just bad writing.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM

I can't answer any of these questions with validity, but as far as why they care more for Eva vs the cop, they just got out of a 52 hour hostage situation, I would imagine you become close to fellow hostages and form a pretty strong bond. The cop was killed 5 minutes in and at that point they are all in shock that they are being involved in a heist. Totally different imo.

Sounds like doc and franny got it on or kissed or something in the bank, and that made the girl get mad.

Cops are trying to cover up the fact that they poorly ran this crisis.

Nick is under FBI watch because he is going to blow the whistle on the fbi negotiator and dept.

As for bank manager, seems like he was in shock because of wahtever happened to his daughter.

You aren't supposed to have the answers to any of these questions, the plot of the show is that they unravel what happened in those 52 hours over each season.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't answer any of these questions with validity, but as far as why they care more for Eva vs the cop, they just got out of a 52 hour hostage situation, I would imagine you become close to fellow hostages and form a pretty strong bond. The cop was killed 5 minutes in and at that point they are all in shock that they are being involved in a heist. Totally different imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that they just knocked the security guard out.... there weren't any shots fired in EP1 before the cops stormed the place, and when Randall is shooting his gun in the flashbacks in EP2, you can't see who or what he is shooting at.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like doc and franny got it on or kissed or something in the bank, and that made the girl get mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I really agree with this. When would they have the time/opportunity to do something like that unles the robbers were pervs and made them do something. I have a feeling that what the Dr. did is something other than diddling Franny.

[ QUOTE ]
Cops are trying to cover up the fact that they poorly ran this crisis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but HOW exactly? What did the negotiator do or not do that made Nick punch him.... more to it than that, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Nick is under FBI watch because he is going to blow the whistle on the fbi negotiator and dept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense, but seems to be too easy.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You aren't supposed to have the answers to any of these questions, the plot of the show is that they unravel what happened in those 52 hours over each season.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're now 3 episodes into the season and know what happened in the first 3 minutes of the heist. I'm losing interest quickly. It just doesn't seem like anything really extraordinary went on inside of the bank, and as it's been said, that mystery is the show's main intrigue.

I will give the show one more try next week and then pretty much give up if I'm disappointed again. Though, I will save them on DVR for a rainy day.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're now 3 episodes into the season and know what happened in the first 3 minutes of the heist. I'm losing interest quickly. It just doesn't seem like anything really extraordinary went on inside of the bank, and as it's been said, that mystery is the show's main intrigue.

I will give the show one more try next week and then pretty much give up if I'm disappointed again. Though, I will save them on DVR for a rainy day.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is also lucky it appears on after Lost. This may make me watch it a little longer, but I agree completely about losing interest. After the first episode it looked like it had a lot of potential, but it is going down the tubes quickly.